Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 1/2 weeks Post-Op update and Struggles

Hey everyone, I am 5 1/2 weeks post op and I have hit my 2nd stall. I have lost a great amount of weight 45lbs as of this morning. I can eat anything at this point which is good and bad... I am starting to crave junk food again and sweets. And I am always hungry -_- I gave in yesterday and had two Burger King Buffalo chicken Strips and a bite of a Wopper Jr... And gave the rest to my fiancé ...But that's it. I think I need ideas for meals... I am getting so bored with chicken, chicken, and chicken. I needed something else. Anyone having this problem? I also want to start working out at 6 weeks out (once my Doctor OKs) as far as workouts go... Anyone have any tips for starting off 6 weeks post op? Thanks guys! Happy Hump Day :)

I understand the temptation, but it is best to be strong and fight it. I don't dare even go in places like that right now because of the temptation. I do understand about being tired of the same food. Have you tried fish? Salmon has a ton of Protein in it, Tilapia has a good amount as well and there are many different and easy ways to cook them. Turkey has alot as well if your Dr will let you have it. I get the shaved deli turkey sometimes and just have about 3 slices ( pending on how big they are). Stay strong and fight the urge for fast food...You can do it.

As for exercise, walking, running or biking is great for starting after surgery. I also use resistance bands for exercise. It won't build muscle but can help tone the skin a little to prevent sagging as you loose weight. Check out the fitness section on this forum, there are alot of people involved in alot of things. We are doing a 100 mile challange right now this month. I have walked and rode my exercise bike more in the last 3 weeks than ever before and loved every second of it. Check it out. Good luck buddy.

I understand the temptation' date=' but it is best to be strong and fight it. I don't dare even go in places like that right now because of the temptation. I do understand about being tired of the same food. Have you tried fish? Salmon has a ton of Protein in it, Tilapia has a good amount as well and there are many different and easy ways to cook them. Turkey has alot as well if your Dr will let you have it. I get the shaved deli turkey sometimes and just have about 3 slices ( pending on how big they are). Stay strong and fight the urge for fast food...You can do it. As for exercise, walking, running or biking is great for starting after surgery. I also use resistance bands for exercise. It won't build muscle but can help tone the skin a little to prevent sagging as you loose weight. Check out the fitness section on this forum, there are alot of people involved in alot of things. We are doing a 100 mile challange right now this month. I have walked and rode my exercise bike more in the last 3 weeks than ever before and loved every second of it. Check it out. Good luck buddy.[/quote']

Thank you :) I am going to try hard to. That's why I came here to get re-focused. I will try Tilapia and turkey...Those sound great. I was thinking of getting a gym membership for cardio. I really feel ready to start working out and seeing more results because that will help motivate me. Thanks for your help buddy! Cheers

Empty carbs, fast food and sweets could do me in if I started eating them I'm afraid.

I still do Protein first and find it fills my sleeve so I don't get in much else.

I haven't tried all of these but have tried the sweet italian and spicy jalalpeno and liked both.

http://www.alfrescoa...chicken-sausage

I have a Quest bar if I want a treat of something sweet plus gives me 20g of Protein.< /p>

Some find this is a slider food for them.

Good luck on your journey!

I make lasagna filling to curb my cravings for carbs. Fat free ricotta, a little Tomato sauce, pepper and onions and crumbled turkey. I have even added unflavored Protein Powder. I blend it with some italian seasoning. Tastes like lasagna with no noodles. Tomato sauce may be rough on some, my NUT said it was alright for me in moderation.

I'm at 5 1/2 weeks too. I've really taken to fish. tuna salad is so easy and there are Bumble Bee Light Tuna kits at the store that are great and easy to take with you. Be brave and stay away from fast food. It's a downfall for me. Can you get down beef Jerky yet? I've tried a little, chewing it really, really well, and it went down fine. Do you like Mexican food? Beans with salsa are great for you (just watch out for the lard-heavy refried beans at restaurants, you can get cans of fat-free refried beans at the store, (or try Ranchero beans at restaurants). Get some shredded low fat Cheddar or Mexican cheese to sprinkle on your beans, add some hot sauce and yum!

Wow thanks guys. Great suggestions here mmmm the lasagna sounds good. And great idea with beef Jerky I love it. I am going grocery shopping today to spice things up :) I think I have a good sized sleeve I can eat 5oz of food

Empty carbs' date=' fast food and sweets could do me in if I started eating them I'm afraid. I still do Protein first and find it fills my sleeve so I don't get in much else. I haven't tried all of these but have tried the sweet italian and spicy jalalpeno and liked both. http://www.alfrescoa...chicken-sausage I have a Quest bar if I want a treat of something sweet plus gives me 20g of Protein. Some find this is a slider food for them. Good luck on your journey!

Wow thanks for the link. I am going to try this :)

I've been trying out a tone of new recipes for meatballs from http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/

It's a low carb/ gluten-free blog. Lots of flavor in all the recipes I've tried so far.

Hi there! I'm obsessed with this blog skinnytaste.com. Her recipes are weight watchers friendly, and they are super easy to throw together (at least the ones I've tried). No crazy ingredients. I'm 5 weeks out, too, and just getting started on food. My Dr. seems ultra conservative with food, but cleared me for exercise with no restriction at one week. Strange, right? Anyways, keep up the good work!

Do you like shrimp? There are tons of recipes for shrimp!

Fast food at 5 1/2 weeks, I will barely be on mushy by then ????????

Im 5 1/2 weeks also..my weight is not coming off as fast as yours...congrats...I think it's ok to have a bite here and there. The only reason I say this is because I have and I didn't like it as much as I did before surgery. You won't crave it...it's going to be a struggle were so fresh...I think when we start working out are bodies will change for the better and we won't wana change back to the person who doesn't like to be in there own skin.good luck..keep me posted..I need a buddy lol..to keep me on track

I love cooking and i've got tons of recipies for just about anything. Tell me what kind of food you like and I can send you some. Just about any recipie can be made healthy by the way. For example if a recipie calls for frying vegetables you can just spray them with olive oil, stick them under the grill and get the same effect. A good source of recipies that are low carb, low calorie and dead easy to make is www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com. Generally any site for diabetics has great recipies that are just as good for us.

Do you like shrimp?? I like it shrimp cocktail style with a lil spicy cocktail sauce, or sautéed in some buffalo wing sauce and a teensy bit of blue cheese. Turkey burgers, turkey meatballs etc