Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do they send you home with any meds??? If so, what kind???

liquid Roxicet for pain, Zofran for nausea.

My clinic called all my meds (except my narcotic) in to my pharmacy so I could have them at home already when I got home. I had an anti-nausea, anti-spasmodic, omeprazole (generic Prilosec to reduce acid), and they sent me home with a written prescription for Roxicet (liquid Percocet). They could have called that in if I had gone with the liquid Vicodin, but narcotics don't work that great on me and I usually need something stronger than they initially think. The anti-nausea and anti-spasmodic were both sublingual, the roxicet was liquid, and the omeprazole was the only capsule. I didn't have a problem taking any of them, except it took a chunk of time out of my day to get all of them plus all of my regular daily meds down.

Mine were all called in ahead of time so that I would have them when I got home as well. I had liquid lortab for pain, carafate liquid and (ugh) lovenox injections to prevent blood clots. My surgeon took me off my diabetes meds and cholesterol med when I left the hospital. I'm about 6 weeks post op and take no meds, just my daily Multivitamin and Calcium.< /p>

All of mine were called in & i got them filled prior to the surgery except the liquid pain meds. I had a script for nausea (pills & suppositories), reflux, & one to prevent gall stones.

My clinic called all my meds (except my narcotic) in to my pharmacy so I could have them at home already when I got home. I had an anti-nausea' date=' anti-spasmodic, omeprazole (generic Prilosec to reduce acid), and they sent me home with a written prescription for Roxicet (liquid Percocet). They could have called that in if I had gone with the liquid Vicodin, but narcotics don't work that great on me and I usually need something stronger than they initially think. The anti-nausea and anti-spasmodic were both sublingual, the roxicet was liquid, and the omeprazole was the only capsule. I didn't have a problem taking any of them, except it took a chunk of time out of my day to get all of them plus all of my regular daily meds down.[/quote']

No, they can't call the roxicet in, it's a Class 2 narcotic and you absolutely have to have a written prescription...they can even write refills for that one, lol! Thanks for the feedback!

I got all my post-op prescriptions filled prior to surgery so they were at home waiting for me. Mine were:

liquid lortab -- hardly used any of that

omeprazole -- PPI

Nystatin - to prevent thrush (I had to use that for a week prior to surgery as well)

Zofran - for nausea. Didn't need it as I was never nauseated.

No, they can't call the roxicet in, it's a Class 2 narcotic and you absolutely have to have a written prescription...they can even write refills for that one, lol! Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, that thoroughly annoyed me... I get that the rules are intended to help prevent abuse, but for those of us that aren't a problem, all it does is make things dang inconvenient! :-)