Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I am so green about using any board like yours that I asked Alex for some guidance when I registered. (Idon't even know how to add a smiley face!)

I have started the process toward lapbanding and am waiting to hear from my insurance company. Hopefully I will hear soon. I have been reading your board for several months and think you all do a wonderful job. Your success stories and information have been a real help in making this decision.

Hopeful1

Hi Hopeful! I can tell we have the same goals just by your screen name. What part of Colorado are you in? We're planning a vacation there in October to see your beautiful Aspens. Best of luck to you on your banding journey!

P.S. I still don't know how to post a "smiley face" or do a "quote".

Ladies, if you look to the bottom right hand corner, you'll see buttons that say 'edit' and 'quote'. If you click the 'quote' button, it will bring up the post that you want to quote and the reply box with it. (you must click this button IN the actual post that you want to quote from.) It won't hurt to just try to the button to see how it works.

To make a smiley face, look to the lefthand side of your reply. There is a display of several smileys. If you click once on any of those, the smiley will be dropped into you reply right where you left off of typing. If you click on the bottom of that display where it says 'Get More' then it will bring up a box with many other smiley's to choose from - along with the famous dancing bananas and bunnies. :)

:banana :Bunny :banana :Bunny :banana :Bunny

Go on, play with it.. dont' be afraid. :D

Me either!

But I did just return from vacation in Colorado last month and it was so beautiful. How wonderful to live in such a gorgeous place. Does it ever seem ho hum, or do you see the beauty of it everyday?

Welcome to the forum.

Originally posted by Neicy

Go on, play with it.. dont' be afraid. :)

:speechles

Did you say that?! [/b]

lol, yes, I did.. :D

Welcome hopeful,

Nice to meet you. I don't think technical expertise is a requirement in this group. Good to have you. Best of luck getting the band. Teresa;)

Originally posted by leatha_g

Go on, play with it.. dont' be afraid. :)

:Bunny :Bunny :banana :Bunny :Bunny :banana

Well, at least I didn't blow up anything!

My quotes don't come out like that. Tell all, how do you get the lines, and the pretty little italics introducing the quote?

Originally posted by Neicy

My quotes don't come out like that. Tell all, how do you get the lines, and the pretty little italics introducing the quote?

In the lower right hand corner of every post, there is a button entitled "quote"

If you want to reply directly to what someone else typed (quote) then use that button.

Hope this helps and didn't confuse the situation more :)

The bold marking is seperate from the quote marking. Choose "edit" on your post where the quote worked, and you will see the "tags" that define how the text is displayed. [ QUOTE ] (without spaces) starts the quote, and puts the lines. At the end of the quote there is [ /QUOTE ] (without spaces) which turns the quote off, and puts the upper and lower lines. If you're missing a bracket, stuff won't work. To turn on bold, it's [ B ] (without spaces) and then [ /B ] (without spaces) to turn it off. Again, if you are missing brackets, or the beginning/ending commands, you won't get the correct results.

HTH.

Originally posted by New Hope

I did another "quote" and it wasn't in bold letters. Why's that?

Did you click on the little "quote" button? If you did, it should have brought up a new text box that includes the post that you clicked "quote" on, just type below all of the text and it should appear in bold when you hit "submit reply"

Originally posted by donali

The bold marking is seperate from the quote marking. Choose "edit" on your post where the quote worked, and you will see the "tags" that define how the text is displayed. [ QUOTE ] (without spaces) starts the quote, and puts the lines. At the end of the quote there is [ /QUOTE ] (without spaces) which turns the quote off, and puts the upper and lower lines. If you're missing a bracket, stuff won't work. To turn on bold, it's [ B ] (without spaces) and then [ /B ] (without spaces) to turn it off. Again, if you are missing brackets, or the beginning/ending commands, you won't get the correct results.

HTH.

Ok, now IM playing with it! I had NO idea how to do this either.

Lets see....