Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a different mindset it seems

Ok, so I see on here all these people that totally change their eating habits, which is great! But I see people on here who come on asking about pizza or sliders or anything else and people get mad.

When I decided on this surgery, I choose it for a few reasons. No dumping was one, not as much of a chance for malnutrition. and the main one was because I wanted to live a NORMAL life. I didn't want my life to revolve around food, I didn't want to have to worry about what I ate because I could only eat a little bit of it. My dr thinks that is pretty normal for a girl my age.

I have a family and I follow the rules. I will eat Protein first, but if I choose to have a snack and it doesn't happen to have all Protein then I don't see whats wrong with that.

I am glad to see there are some people who feel the same as me but when I come on here all I see is don't eat this, don't do that, eat this first, don't ever touch this...

I am 5 weeks out and I am hungry, I have had 3 pretzels with my cheese and I have had a roast beef sandwich, but no bread. I had potato skins but not the skin, I eat full fat sour cream, and butter and I haven't had a problem yet.

Anyone out there like me, who has decided that they had this surgery to help with portions and not just never have certain things again... Would just like people who believe how I do to talk to..

This is pretty much how I feel, I don't mind giving up soda or alcohol forever, but I'm not giving up my pizza!! I basically wanted to try to re-learn how to eat and not be a pig! Have 1 slice and be satisfied instead of thinking I need to eat a whole large by myself. If I want a few chips I'm going to eat them! I really just hope this is a lifestyle change in regards to making me realize that a small portion is just as good!

:) Amanda :)

Ok' date=' so I see on here all these people that totally change their eating habits, which is great! But I see people on here who come on asking about pizza or sliders or anything else and people get mad.

When I decided on this surgery, I choose it for a few reasons. No dumping was one, not as much of a chance for malnutrition. and the main one was because I wanted to live a NORMAL life. I didn't want my life to revolve around food, I didn't want to have to worry about what I ate because I could only eat a little bit of it. My dr thinks that is pretty normal for a girl my age.

I have a family and I follow the rules. I will eat Protein first, but if I choose to have a snack and it doesn't happen to have all Protein then I don't see whats wrong with that.

I am glad to see there are some people who feel the same as me but when I come on here all I see is don't eat this, don't do that, eat this first, don't ever touch this...

I am 5 weeks out and I am hungry, I have had 3 pretzels with my cheese and I have had a roast beef sandwich, but no bread. I had potato skins but not the skin, I eat full fat sour cream, and butter and I haven't had a problem yet.

Anyone out there like me, who has decided that they had this surgery to help with portions and not just never have certain things again... Would just like people who believe how I do to talk to..[/quote']

Well said hats off

So true, the funny thing is my surgeon doesn't say no alcohol, they say its not gonna hurt you any... just moderation. Get a shot and sip on it over a few hours and drink it with Water if you want. Do what makes you feel comfortable. I am not a big drinker. I gave up soda, do I miss it yeah.. if my dr says i can drink it again I don't know if I would. I do want to be able to go to a friends house and not have to bring my own food, I want to be normal and just eat a small portion. If that means I have to drink a Protein drink or 2 because I can't get it all in then I will.

Guess I am different than a lot of people. Do I plan on eating better and healthier, of course. But my problem was portion control.. Now that I have my tool, I can control my Portion Control.< /p>

I feel like you do. I'm 5 months out and watch what I eat but don't track anything. I did this to stop being obsessed with diets, feeling "good" or "bad" because of what I ate, etc. I eat pretty much what I want, just in much smaller quantities. My biggest change has been my recommitment to exercise...I work out nearly every day for 45-60 minutes, cardio and strength. I feel great and love my lifestyle.

I NEED to find my motivation to work out :( That is my down fall.. right now my back is giving me problems again, hoping it will go away soon! I love Water aerobics and I am going to get weights and resistance bands at home... But I am losing weight so well I just don't have the motivation to work out.. boooo lol

Me too, I'm not an exerciser, but I love to walk! When was your surgery, and your stats, if you don't mind me asking:)

Mine are:

Surgery 8/28/13

HW 259

SW 244

CW 235

GW 150ish

5'5"

EDIT: I'm deleting my comments as I've just seen that you only wanted to connect with people who feel like you do. Good luck with it all. Susan.

Isn't that what we both just said, too lose weight and learn to have small portions instead if large??? (That would be hunger reduction) No one said we were mad at people for giving advice, this was just our opinion on it!

No worries Dee, some people clearly can't read and always think they need to bash! Hang in there!

I'm not saying NEVER to anything. However I have a slow metabolism and I have to say RARELY to a lot of things I used to love.

Part of this for me is eating healthier and FEELING healthier as well as weight loss. If I eat a lot of carbs- even whole grain crackers or half a piece of whole grain toast I feel sluggish and my joints ache again.

If you can eat what you want and lose as much as you want then more power to you. It doesn't matter what anyone else says, be true to yourself.

Your right we are new. No need to get mad and say rude things. Like I said I think its great that people change their habits.

Before the surgery I had a problem with large portions of good for me food. chicken, turkey tacos, salads lots of it. Now I can eat healthier and just less of it. Yes I would binge every once in awhile on candy or chips but not often. But I won't deny myself those things because that's not how I choose to use this tool

This gives everyone the choice to make decisions based on themselves. I just wanted to meet some people who think like me. I choose to use my tool differently. I don't ask for advice on here much anymore. But I would love to meet a few fellow sleevers who are like me and think like I do. No offense to everyone else. My husband and whole family support my choice to use this as a food reduction tool and we all are choosing better foods.

My stats

Hw 322

Pre pre op weight 307

Sw 296

Cw 266

Gw 180-190

Height 5'11