Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sushi at almost 4 weeks post op ;,(

Hey guys I had a really really bad day today my hubby loves sushi and so do I.. Well I've been really good at not giving in to temptations and actually feed my son with no problem but today my husband decided to buy sushi ( spicy crab rolls) I couldn't help it and gave in. But to be more exact it was wrapped with seaweed and it only had crab with avocado I'm on soft foods so I did chew really good and did not eat the seaweed either. My concern is wether wether anyone knows if its ok or not? Also I had 9 small rolls and it didn't bother me at all.. I don't want to put myself in jeopardy either.. If anyone knows please let me know thanks. I will call my nutritionist tomorrow to ask her as well

Quick throw up!!! Just kidding if you are cleared for soft food you should be ok.. If you're not uncomfortable why bother getting all worked up for

I was told no sushi or sashimi till my 3 month check with my nutritionist. The reason. given was there is cooncern that raw fish can have parasites that a normal stomach can handle with enough acid. After 3 months it is safe i was told. I just ate sashimi for the first time this past sat. I had half an avacado salad with 9 thin sashimi pieces. The restaurant was so great about it. My wife and i were regulars before surgery. The gave me 4 oz of sashimmi instead of just a number of pieces. I only at 3 oz and had the remainder as a snack later. Delicious Protein.< /p>

So, just to make sure I've got clear picture, you had 9 small pieces of sushi sans seaweed, but was there rice? If no rice, then I don't see an issue...although 9 pieces does seem like a decent volume and more than I could do at 4 weeks

Sushi literally translate from Japanese as rice. If they ate sushi they ate rice. My doctor told me that sushi rice doesn't swell like regular rice and is safe to eat. Just take it slow to make certain that you don't have any problems eating it. Nine small rolls is not a lot of rice.

Robert Rowe

I had sashimi this weekend. Heaven! Went down easily, but could only eat 2 of the 5 pieces (largish pieces).

Sushi literally translate from Japanese as rice. If they ate sushi they ate rice. My doctor told me that sushi rice doesn't swell like regular rice and is safe to eat. Just take it slow to make certain that you don't have any problems eating it. Nine small rolls is not a lot of rice.

Robert Rowe

Oh really I didn't know that, but I didn't eat the rice nor the seaweed that rolls it, just had the crab with the avocado. Ever since than I've been finding myself eating avocado everyday like a quart of an avocado if not less. I hope that's fine lol.. Thank you for the info :)

Avocado is great but its really high I'm fat. I like it in taco salad sometimes. Its good in sushi too.

Robert Rowe

9? I had 4 pieces last night and thought I was going to pop lol. I felt guilty eating it, but I had the calories and carbs and recorded in in MFP

There different size pieces of sushi. If they're made with a half sheet of nori they're actually quite small. It would still be a good idea to keep your quantity small though.

Robert Rowe

There different size pieces of sushi. If they're made with a half sheet of nori they're actually quite small. It would still be a good idea to keep your quantity small though.

Robert Rowe

Yup it was exactly made with half a sheet of seaweed.. But yeah no rice at all I don't think I'll be able at least I'm not planning until I hit goal if any.. Thanx!

I'm not sure I see the problem here.. You had 9 tiny bits of crab and avocado if I understand correctly?

Hey guys I had a really really bad day today my hubby loves sushi and so do I.. Well I've been really good at not giving in to temptations and actually feed my son with no problem but today my husband decided to buy sushi ( spicy crab rolls) I couldn't help it and gave in. But to be more exact it was wrapped with seaweed and it only had crab with avocado I'm on soft foods so I did chew really good and did not eat the seaweed either. My concern is wether wether anyone knows if its ok or not? Also I had 9 small rolls and it didn't bother me at all.. I don't want to put myself in jeopardy either.. If anyone knows please let me know thanks. I will call my nutritionist tomorrow to ask her as well

I consider that a full food and i wasn't cleared for them until after 7 weeks out. When are you cleared for full foods?