Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When to take vitamins

I searched but did not find this topic. Can anyone tell me when to take my vits? Example of what i'm asking.. multi with dinner, Iron in morning, D3 at bedtime?? My NUT is kind of snarky so i decided to pass on asking her anything unless it's vital. Just want to make sure i'm getting the most benefit. I heard you're not supposed to mix some things. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You want to take your Calcium and Iron at least two hours apart, for one thing.

Iron is taken at night with orange juice ..It helps with the effect of the iron...Muli I take at lunch, most others are around 3 in the afternoon..except Iron...That one I take before bed....

If I'm wrong...Has not hurt me so going to keep doing it...... ;)

All these Vitamins need to be separate? My dr requires us to take a chewable muti vit (such as Centrum) but not Calcium or Iron separately. I' going to Walmart to buy them tonite. Should I get separate vitamins or the multi?

I searched but did not find this topic. Can anyone tell me when to take my vits? Example of what i'm asking.. multi with dinner, Iron in morning, D3 at bedtime?? My NUT is kind of snarky so i decided to pass on asking her anything unless it's vital. Just want to make sure i'm getting the most benefit. I heard you're not supposed to mix some things. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

you want to consult with your doctor on this BUT

i take a multi first thing in the morning and one right before bed.

I take a 500mg calcium citrate first thing in the morning, one at midday, and one before bed

i take a 500mcg B-12 sublingual first thing in the morning.

I take Iron with Breakfast, Multivitamin that has b-12 in it the afternoon and Calcium vit d at night

I take my multi (w/iron) and sublingual B-12 right after breakfast, 600 mg calcium citrate with lunch and 600 mg Calcium citrate with dinner. I use the opurity Vitamins and have had no problems with them. The multi and calcium are chewable and they don't taste bad at all.

I take a multi without Iron and I take it at the same time as my Calcium citrate/d3 I divide into three doses starting in the morning and ending at dinner time. I take iron before bed.

As long as you are not taking your Iron and Calcium together you are okay - they don't absorb right if you take them together. So it depends on if your multivitamin has Iron or not. Mine do, so I take my multi (with iron) morning and night. Then I take my calcium/D3 with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I also take a B12 nasal spray once per week.

If you don't have iron in your multi, you can take it with calcium and then take your iron anytime as long as it's 2 hours before/after the calcium.

Hello, I just had my sleeve done July 10, 2013. I have been taking my multi in the morning. I noticed that many of you are taking a multi both morning and night is that something that is common with sleeve patients?

Hello' date=' I just had my sleeve done July 10, 2013. I have been taking my multi in the morning. I noticed that many of you are taking a multi both morning and night is that something that is common with sleeve patients?[/quote']

Shoot yes,I am taking a bunch of Vitamins.I am trying to find a Bariatric Vitamin that well cover all these individual ones I am taking now.