Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days post op and I'm STARVING

Hi everyone..I had been sleeved May 28. I came from from hospital today and I'm feeling miserable..my tummy hurts and I did takr gas x..however my tummy feels so empty and no matter what I drink broth or Water. Or Jello and nothing seems to help..I hope each day gets easier..any advise?

Hey there friend...it does get easier with each day...I was sleeved on the 23rd so 6 days post op...My tummy still is sore. I only took pain meds at night in hopes of getting some rest...today I got out of the house and went grocery shopping for my family...each day is better...once you are on full liquids in a couple of days you will be happy....cream Soups feel good..had my 1st yogurt today..if you have something to keep your mind occupied that would be the best.

Thank you so much freinds...I look foward to our journey together!! Xo

It does get better each day. I was sleeved on the 23rd. shakes and yogurt are the most filling. In the hospital they gave me sugar free pudding, but since it doesn't have much Protein I haven't repeated it.

I'm on full liquids for another week, but my surgeon allows pureed Soups, so I tried pureed chicken noodle today and it was great. I get tired of the sweetness of shakes. Today was the first day got up to 8 glasses of Water. Yay. I'm using True Lemon crystals to make it more palatable.

Because of the shakes I'm not having trouble getting my Protein. I have one in the morning and one in the evening and they total between 30 and 44 g each, depending on the powder I use.

Hang in there. It does get better each day.

Everyday you should feel a little better, just hang in there!! Try to focus on the positives of where you're going and why you want to be there.

Each day does get better, then you'll have a few bad days again, but then it steadily gets better. Hang in there!! Remember, It's always darkest before the dawn!

Hi everyone..I had been sleeved May 28. I came from from hospital today and I'm feeling miserable..my tummy hurts and I did takr gas x..however my tummy feels so empty and no matter what I drink broth or Water. Or Jello and nothing seems to help..I hope each day gets easier..any advise?

I got sleeved on 5/28 as well - congrats!

I'm just curious, were you allowed to eat regular food up until your surgery date?

Yes..I had only one day Fluid diet before surgery...what about you? How are you feeling today?

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. .I'm hoping as each day goes by it will be easier on me...God bless yall

Yes..I had only one day Fluid diet before surgery...what about you? How are you feeling today?

I feel pretty good. I'm having to take liquid hydrocodone every 6 hours for abdominal and back discomfort (not sure that it's bad enough to call pain).

The reason I asked is that I have a theory about 2-week preop diets. I was on one and the day before surgery on Clear liquids. I got over the starving feeling after about 4 days on the first week. The headaches and weakness went away too. I would get the occasional hunger pang but it went away quickly. After surgery I've only felt an occasional hunger pang. My poor wife worries about eating in front of me so I have to keep reminder her it's okay.

The worst part of the surgery was the 1st hour in recovery. I woke up fighting the anesthesiologist because I was totally flat and wanted to have my upper elevated because it's hard for me to breathe. Once they elevated me, all I felt was this intense gas cramp. They offered me, and I took, some pain medication and I started feeling better by the minute.

Hang in there - you'll start feeling better soon!

That's awesome that you are feeling good..yes that anethesia kicked me in the but too. She kept telling to breath becuase I hs s low oxygen level...what you eating so far? I'm was able to do my first full glass protien shake today.it was carnation instanst with chopped ice and it was good..I'm glad to hear you feel wonderful..its gets better!

I was sleeved the 28th too and have zero interest in eating. I'm drinking Water and trying to get a Protein Shake in here and there. Yesterday was BRUTAL. I felt horrible! Today I'm feeling better but still no appetite..just the look of food makes me sick, lol.

Miss piggy..I can see where youndont have no appetite...my family cooks and the smell makes me sick..however I have hunger pains and my stomache wants real food...good luckn on your progress!!