Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are the essentials right after surgery?

Hi everyone!! I'm having my surgery Tuesday 5/28. I'm stressing out. Not sure what essential things I will need at home to make this transition smooth and successful for me. Any tips, ideas, suggestions I would greatly appreciate! Thanks!!!

First thing first good luck to you. Do you have various flavors of protien available to you, bottled Water, chicken broth. Most importantly a person to help you for the first day or so. But I think the list in pinned in pre or post-op sections. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Protein Shakes, chicken broth, Jello, and ice pops. Buy the sample packs of Protein shakes BEFORE you spend a lot of money on a huge tub or ready to drink 18 pack. Syntrax's nectar (vitacost.com or Vitamin shoppe) and Unjury (unjury.com) are really good to try out.

The most important thing was my CAREGIVER. Could not even roll on my side or sit up by myself for weeks. After that, it was liquid foods, and liquid Tylenol. I didn't need ANYthing else. I bought everything suggested on every list for sleevers, and I used NONE of it. Still have all my Gas-X, unopened.

WeeWers here.

I would recommend getting "The Big Book on the Gastric Sleeve" It's a huge book that covers every single thing a pre-sleever would want to know. You can have it overnight-ed through Amazon if you wish.

God's Favor on your surgery!

warmly,

WeeWers

Hi everyone!! I'm having my surgery Tuesday 5/28. I'm stressing out. Not sure what essential things I will need at home to make this transition smooth and successful for me. Any tips' date=' ideas, suggestions I would greatly appreciate! Thanks!!![/quote']

My surgery is the same day! Good luck :)

chewable Vitamins.

Sample Protein shakes. You tastes may change after surgery so what you like today you may not like post-op.

Ice pops

Good luck!

I live alone, and though I knew I would have help available, I made sure I put things where I needed them so I wouldn't have to reach high or bend down for anything "heavy" I had my Protein shake of choice, unjury chicken Soup, a blender, Vitamin Water zero, bottled Water, a pill crusher, heating pad, sugar free pudding/jello and very comfy clothes all ready. I had phone/iPad chargers where I could reach them at any time. Even rigged up an extension cord and ran it under my recliner so they could be right next to me and I wouldn't have to fumble.

Good luck!!

Heating pad if post op your back is sore, measuring spoons (I have 4 tablespoons that I use repeatedly). Measuring cups....small 1 cup containers with lids. Dissolvable gasX strips, MOM, a really good blender ( I have a bullet). Those where things I did not anticipate using much...but I have! Also no constricting pants or just wear loose dresses till your incision heals!

Sent from my iPad using VST. http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/tickers/45966-ajeeprider/bodyweight.png?ts=1368838450[/img]

if you plan to sleep in your bed after the first couple of days, it helps to buy one of those wedges at wal mart. Or just prop several pillows under you where you can still stretch your legs out in bed but propped up. Also, a huge thing is some sort of tummy support. Wether it be a travel pillow or some sort of a compression belt/girdle/shirt type thing. It helps so much with moving, walking, coughing, sneezing.