Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I currently 6 weeks out and have only lost 35 pound :( the scale hasn't gone down in a week. Wassup with that?!?!

I am going through the same thing scale has not moved in 2 weeks. I am only taking in 500 cal a day.Should start moving soon. Fingers crossed!!

WOW! This ain't no only! You've lost over 5 # a week! Walk around with a bag of sugar for a while as a hint! Your body not not consistantly lose weight, so just keep plugging, and all will be fine. (If you can, don't weigh every day... nothing like seeing a big drop later)... Good luck to you!

"does not" rather than "not not"... sorry!

Arts is right. The stalls are normal, that doesn't make the more fun, but they are normal. I have one every few weeks or so. They come and guess what, they go! Just keep working your system your doctor gave you and it will all work out. Also like Art said 35 pounds in 6 weeks is a long ways away from "only." Be proud of that. I bet you and people around you can already see a difference.

As far as JProx goes, I would be careful with that low of a calorie intake. You body may go into starvation mode and actually slow down your weightloss. You have to walk the line between too few and too many calories. That said if that is the number you doc gave you than more power to you. It just sounds way too low.

Arts is right. The stalls are normal' date=' that doesn't make the more fun, but they are normal. I have one every few weeks or so. They come and guess what, they go! Just keep working your system your doctor gave you and it will all work out. Also like Art said 35 pounds in 6 weeks is a long ways away from "only." Be proud of that. I bet you and people around you can already see a difference.

As far as JProx goes, I would be careful with that low of a calorie intake. You body may go into starvation mode and actually slow down your weightloss. You have to walk the line between too few and too many calories. That said if that is the number you doc gave you than more power to you. It just sounds way too low.[/quote']

Yes everyone around me sees it. I guess I was aiming for more in 6 weeks since i haven't seen the scale go down in a week. I should look at it as wow I lost 35. Thanx guys

I stayed with my calories between 600 to 800 but closer to 600 per day and my carbs under 20 until I hit my goal weight. I also exercised for an hour daily starting in month 7 (walking 5 miles a day before I started with the gym). I hit goal at by month 10. Starvation mode is a myth, when you have a lot of fat on your body you will convert that fat to energy. Starvation mode will happen when there is no more excess fat to use.