Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, All!

A few days belated, but I was six months post-revision on Thursday (5/9). I am proud to report I have lost 1/2 of my excess weight in those six months, which equals 75 lbs!

Add to that the 50 lbs I kept off from my band weight loss, and I am at 125 lbs lost. I have gone from a tight 28W+ to an 18W or 20W. In tops, I've gone from a 2-3X to an XL.

My sleeve experience has been nearly perfect. I did struggle with hunger early on, but I decided I just skipped the honeymoon stage that many virgin sleevers experience. I was never 'not hungry', but it has since regulated, and my hunger feels like most sleevers at this stage report - a little bit fills me up and keeps me satisfied for a few hours.

I've vomited 2x in 6 months, whereas I would vomit at least 2x/week, if not daily, with my band. Once was very early on, and once was while I was at a happy hour with coworkers and forgot I couldn't drink after eating.

I can eat 2-3 oz of dense Protein and a few bites of sides (veggies, carbs, etc.). I can eat absolutely anything, unlike with my band where I struggled to eat healthy foods. A few bites of sweets satisfy me, and I really don't crave much. I do drink my weight in coffee most days, but that's my only real vice left, so I don't worry about it. I do drink diet pop once every couple weeks (never after eating), but it's not something I really care about anymore, which is amazing to me.

A typical eating day for me is:

B: 1/2 premier Protein shake (80 cal, 15 g protein); greek yogurt (I'm not a big Breakfast eater)

L: dinner leftovers; 1.5 eggs with 4 pieces microwave bacon (70 cal); a veggie burger with cheese and a side of sauteed peppers

S: Fresh fruit - watermelon, berries, apple; sometimes have cheese or pb with it

D: 2-3 oz. grilled meat, steamed veggies; 2-3 meatballs+sauce with a 1/4 c. pasta; 3" of a sub from Publix or Subway

S: Hot cocoa (make my own, so I get Protein from milk); popcorn; pistachios

The only strange/icky thing that happens is sometimes I just cannot bring myself to swallow the bite that is in my mouth. It's not that I am too full - it just suddenly tastes awful, and I am convinced if I swallow it, I will gag and puke. It tends to happen with protein more than anything else. Kinda strange, but not the end of the world.

As far as exercise, since my surgery, I've tried to incorporate as much walking into my day as possible (walking DD to school, parking further away, lots of trips up the stairs). I average about 8000 steps/day; I'm working on getting that to a 10,000 daily step average. I have run off and on, and am getting serious about it again. I also started the 30 Day Shred 12 days ago and realized how terribly out of shape I am. I mean terrible. I'm doing it every day for 30 days, so wish me luck!

If you are considering revising or a new revisionist, please let me know if you have any questions. This board was a lifesaver for me early on, and I would love to repay the kindness.

lost 1/2 of my excess weight in six months - 75 lbs! sleeve experience has been nearly perfect.

timetobefree

hey bud

you sound like one excited, happy camper :)

congrats on your weight loss, and living long enough to talk about it :lol:

woo hoo

6 months & 75lbs down :)

happy dance, happy dance :)

don't see you around the board much :(

hope to see "less and less" of you!!!! ;)

30 day shred???? whats that????

keep up the great job :)

take care

kathy

You sound like you are doing great! I will have my revision in 9 days and I hope I come out of it as well as you! Congrats on your success!

Congratulations. So glad to be able to read your post today. I'm 21 days post-revision and so far I'm doing well, losing, and not hungry all the time. Just concerned for long term success. Always glad to read success stories. Great motivation!