Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so depressed i want to be normal again. I wish i could go back and just get on a diet. I wanted to lose weight the easy way and i didnt care what plp said to me so many times and i didnt listen. They told me i dont need to do it but i did it without thinking im so stupid. I cant even drink Water like i want to im always thirsty and all i want is pepsi and food. I am going trough a lot right now the only thing that is keeping me alive and a lil strong are my two daughters i love them and dont want to leave them. I wish i could go back and not do this surgery god please help me.

i think that is the depression talking. Things will get normal eventually. The issue is our preception of normal.. Normal is not nor should it have ever been eating 3000-5000 calories a day. Eating large amounts at one time. It took years to stretch our tummys and screw up our minds like that. It will take time to fix our minds.. The tummy was fixed with the surgery. I am 55 and tried for so long to lose weight. I could not win due to the stomach constantly calling me to put stuff in it. The surgery is a tool and I am so gald I did it. I have a chance to be normal, with time.. Hang in there.. Get some counseling.. You are young and there will come a day you will be looking back with no regrets.

When was your surgery? How much did you hope to lose?

when did u have the surgery?? let us know so we can help you thru this...I had many rough spots and still have them but I am here if you need some help,, :)

I am so depressed i want to be normal again. I wish i could go back and just get on a diet. I wanted to lose weight the easy way and i didnt care what plp said to me so many times and i didnt listen. They told me i dont need to do it but i did it without thinking im so stupid. I cant even drink Water like i want to im always thirsty and all i want is pepsi and food. I am going trough a lot right now the only thing that is keeping me alive and a lil strong are my two daughters i love them and dont want to leave them. I wish i could go back and not do this surgery god please help me.

This is a big problem lately... This is a surgery that is becoming extremely popular in just this last year alone. Welcome to our fast food nation mentality.. We want everything now and we want it easily! I don't put the blame you only for making a hasty decision, it's also the big business of the weight loss industry! You pass by billboards touting it. You watch commercials talking about it. And well all want a fast cure!

It seems like a lot if people lately don't want to hear the downsides, the sacrifices you have to make for this surgery...

This is a last resort! major surgery! If you are sick, dying from obesity it is an viable option, but it is drastic! And people need to be informed and listen with open ears and minds.. And not say **** like "well hopefully that won't happen to me"

As for the way your feeling.. You know there is no going back now, what's done is done,

The best thing you can do is accept it and not look back. You need to adjust your life and start everyday with a more positive attitude. You are alive and well, you have a family, and you need to take stock of these things and change your mindset to a more positive one.

Counseling is a good thing, please look into that.

How far out? It does get easier, i promise! Its about finding your own new normal. I went thru this too. this too shall pass.

That being said, if the depression gets worse or you feel like you just cant go on, please get some professional help...i did.

That's exactly how I feel.... I use to be able to just chug Water felt so good.

I don't get how I even became heavy. Always ate healthy. Grew up w o a fast food joint within 45 miles. I ate salads fruits veggies. When I went to college, even was to poor for anything. I miss subway. And pizza on my days off. I cant even drink w o pain. Or feeling like a rock is in my stomach. My job, I prolly put on 2-4 miles a night doing what I do and the weight still wouldn't come off. I should of accepted it. :+( now I don't even feel like same person. At all.

I feel alone

Sick

No energy....

And now pain and discomfort...

Do you guys want help from those of us who have been through this? If so, please tell us how far out of surgery you are, what pre-surgery counselling you have had, what you expected from this, and what your goals are.

food and feeding yourself is just a part of life, life itself is life. Most of us got obese because eating was too large a part. The sleeve was a tool to tame the beast and make it manageable before it devoured our lives.

You can't go back physically but you can change your thinking and come up with a better life than you had before. I did, and so did many others here.

I was sleeved on 4/23 i i regret it so much. I wanna give thanks to all of you trying to help me but is really really hard. I just wanna be normal. I dont eat anthyng just Soup like 2 times a day and i drink apple juice. My goal is to lose at least 70 pounds

We want to help both you girls. When was your surgery? If you are newly sleeved, the hormones are flying. I was so mean to everyone that I am surprised anyone speaks to me now.

It gets so much better as time goes on and the added prize you will be thinner. Just sip sip sip your liquids and try to get your Protein in. You did this for a reason. Keep your eye on the ending result. You have children and you need to be healthy for them.

Best of luck and get help if you need it.

Hi Fran25:

I had these same feelings for about a 10 days after sleeve surgery (April 16, 2013).

As a person who (unfortunately) had many medical surgery (non-weight loss surgery) I can attribute some of my depressive feelings to the normal side-effects from general anesthesia. I cried in the radiation department because they left me alone for 10 minutes to fix the film before my gastric emptying X-Ray--I had unfounded fear that I was abandoned!

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. I truly understand your regret, but I think that (as mine was) it will go away as some things start to become more normalized for you. AND as you see the pounds come off!

I can say from very recent experience that the first two weeks are hardest for some of us! We are in mourning. I liken it to a break-up with a boyfriend who's relationship with you is toxic. It still hurts like heck--and we only "remember" the good times--but forget why it was so bad. Until you get through the mourning faze-- the depression and regret will remain.

I started to accept these changes--I remembered why I HAD to get this surgery, and then I realize that I got rid of my toxic relationship with food.

I agree with the other members that recommend that you seek counseling if you are feeling such depression and regret.

I can tell you it does get better.

I was sleeved on 4/23 i i regret it so much. I wanna give thanks to all of you trying to help me but is really really hard. I just wanna be normal. I dont eat anthyng just Soup like 2 times a day and i drink apple juice.

You need to work on getting that Protein and Water in! It's like a full time job in the beginning but it has to be done. 60 grams of Protein and 64oz of Water. Water is "hard" in the beginning so you can put mio drops or something like it to break up the surface tension. But you need to do these things at least or your going to get weaker and more depressed.

It does get much much better! Attitude is key! Take any and all suggestions on here! Everyone is awesome and everyone has all kinds of advice! Most importantly talk to your NUT and surgeon. Please go to a WLS support group in your area if possible! This is the best thing I have ever done! I hope you are able to look ahead and realize how your life can benefit from the decision you made! It is hard to change our lifestyle and eating habits. The sleeve is a wonderful TOOL! Use it wisely and you will begin to see the possibilities. I hope and pray you will soon see the positive side of having your surgery. You must have researched this and come to the conclusion that you want to be healthier and live better for yourself and your family. You came this far so do not be discouraged by anything since you are so newly out of surgery. Awesome people on this website! Please keep us updated on your progress! Good luck and good health to you ALWAYS!

I was sleeved on 4/23 i i regret it so much. I wanna give thanks to all of you trying to help me but is really really hard. I just wanna be normal. I dont eat anthyng just Soup like 2 times a day and i drink apple juice. My goal is to lose at least 70 pounds

It is hard at first. Everyone has a different frame of reference. Compared to cancer treatment, it was a piece of cake. To me it was hard, but not unbearable. The cancer treatment was painful and I was given not much hope for living let alone successful living. The sleeve came with promise of a better life. With God's help and my own perserverence it has delivered.

I feel "normal". In fact, much more normal than I did when I was lugging the extra 110 pounds around. I can do what "normal" people do now, and even more than they do thanks to my exercise program.

I do not at all feel deprived, I eat what I want to eat. It's just that my brain has adjusted my wants, I eat healthy big and slop very small. I have a nice set of muscles now and want to keep them going and the twinkle in Deb's eye. Muscles get fed, body stays healthy, life is gooder and gooder. :)

fran25 & djchase...I, too, suffer from deep, deep regret from having this surgery. However, it is not reversible. I am learning to live with my terrible decision every day. My heart breaks for everybody that regrets it. I thought I was ready & did everything for nearly a year to get ready...but nobody truly knows how they will really feel about surgery till it is over. All you can do now is take yourself, inside and out, and try to find some peace with your decision.. just know you are not alone.

On a more positive note, it does get somewhat better each day. I am 8 weeks out now...I just keep trying to see the good in a bad situation. Walking, Water, and Protein are very critical right now - do it, even if you don't feel like it - make yourself. Once I was able to eat a scrambled egg & toast - I felt like a new woman. So, it does get somewhat easier in some ways. Just take it day by day.

If you ever need to talk, send me a message. I really understand where you are coming from...I really do. Best of luck to you.