Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing will power fast

Can't stand the fact that my wife will sit next to me with a huge bag of chips and munch away. She didn't want me to have the surgery in the first place. This post op diet sucks I want food. I knew it was coming but I thought it would be a bit easier. I feel grumpy today and just want to have something other than Protein Shakes and sugar free pops. What have I done? It doesn't even seem like I've lost any weight. Feeling like I made a mistake and I can't go back now.

Hang in there.. when do you go on soft foods or purees??? that will help you . I was able to eat real food the day after my surgery i didnt have this liquid diet stuff post op... thank god ,, but i did have to do it pre -op..hated it.. It is normal to say WHAT THE #$%^ DID I DO..it is a normal thought and reaction and i think most people will tell you that. I had crazy anxiety and panic attacks after the surgery but it has gotten better.. I am 6 weeks post op ,,, so hang in there I promise you it will be better... :rolleyes:

Hang in there. It really bothered me after my band when my family did that during my post op. I learned to just get out of the room and keep busy. Before you know it you will be able to munch on things too, although I would be a bit healthier than chips, lol! I am getting revised on 5/6 and don't look forward to going through it all again. But I know before long I will look back and laugh and be so happy I did it! Best of Luck.

I was able to eat real food the day after my surgery i didnt have this liquid diet stuff post op... thank god

Did you go right to the pureed stage? JEALOUS!

I don't blame you one bit. That is very hard! While the first few weeks are so hard, it will get easier each day! You just gotta hang in there. Sometimes you have to just leave the room. Hopefully, the spouse understands sometimes you just need to be grumpy so you can have a better tomorrow!

I know today isn't the day, but in a few weeks time, you are going to be loving your sleeve!

Good luck to you, maybe step out for a short walk?

Can't stand the fact that my wife will sit next to me with a huge bag of chips and munch away. She didn't want me to have the surgery in the first place. This post op diet sucks I want food. I knew it was coming but I thought it would be a bit easier. I feel grumpy today and just want to have something other than Protein shakes and sugar free pops. What have I done? It doesn't even seem like I've lost any weight. Feeling like I made a mistake and I can't go back now.

You have not made a mistake! You made a courageous move to save your life!

I am so sorry that you are not receiving the support that you deserve from your wife.

You are right this stage sucks. I remember it well.

It is only temporary though until your stomach heals..

And I'm sorry I'm getting angrier by the minute about your lack of support there:(

Would it help if you explained the struggle your having right now to her?

yes directly to pureed or soft( i ate a scrambled egg the day after surgery) its so funny how each doctor is so different with there rules. I am glad he had those rules ,, it seems so many people suffer with this clear liquid then pure liquid stages.. i dont understand but i suppose they all have there reasons. I thought for awhile that maybe you lose more that way since your starving...LOL... I am 6 weeks post op and down 30 lbs ,,maybe it would be more if i didnt eat right away,,, but its ok if i am a slow loser....

My husband has told me exactly 6 times how goooooood the new homemade taco seasoning is. THANKS as I am eating my 3-4 tbsp of refried Beans. I understand. Sometimes I just get up and leave the room. It's the easiest thing to do. Or, I grab my Water and sip on it. I am 6 days out of surgery and in the 'pureed' stage and still starving. I generally have a shake for Breakfast, a shake for lunch (to get all the Protein in) and some watered down cream Soup or like tonight, refried beans. I did just realize this morning that my dachshund is eating more than I am these days. ERG!

She may be feeling somehow threatened by the beginning of your new journey. Hang in there...the days and diet stages actually go by rather fast. And while those chips may look good...they're simply a symbol of how we got to where we are.

She may be feeling somehow threatened by the beginning of your new journey. Hang in there...the days and diet stages actually go by rather fast. And while those chips may look good...they're simply a symbol of how we got to where we are.

Boy is nursepez is right, looking back the first few weeks do go fast. I didn't think so while it was going on but it really does! Before you know it, you'll be a month out and getting the hang of things.

Ok so hang in there the first few weeks suck second you need to have a serious convo with the wifey. She needs to understand that she doesnt have to like your choice but you chose this surgery to live a longer healthier life with her and her support is important. Thats just kinda mean.... Ask her i she could munch else where. Communication is important and telling her how you feel may help out. Best of luck, by the way this was not a mistake. It will change your life.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the support more than you'll know. My wife noticed my bad mood and asked so I told her I felt like a recovering alcoholic babysitting friends at a bar supping a Water. She understood and cuddled so doing a bit better now. I ate about a teaspoon of creamy Peanut Butter and that seemed to stop the cravings

I'm glad you talked with her :) it really is key. I am guilty of sometimes struggling with food issues and i can tell you suffering silently is not good. You need to talk about it. It will help you and help her understand what your going through.

My husband just baked cookies! #pissed! I went to the NUT Friday and she lowered my cals and I'm so hungry and dealing with my will power and so far I'm extremely proud of myself because I've been doing what the NUT told me to do. I can have a cookie for a snack but I've already had 2 Snacks today, so no more for me but tomorrow I can have 1. My NUT believes in moderation and I've been tapping into my inner skinny girl lol. My inner skinny chick is keeping me straight because I'm able to ignore the head hungry, whereas the old me would cave.