Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cosmetic surgery and your lady bits

I'm not sure how to say this, there is no not-awkward way ...

I work out a lot, love to be physically active, so my muscles have grown strong in the 2 years since surgery. As I lose fat and strengthen my muscle tone, I can see the "real" shape of me emerging, I can see areas that were just hiding under fat and areas that are *genuinely* shaped a certain way, not just from fat.

One of these areas is my um ... oh dear, I believe the medical term is for the entire region is "vulva". With drooping excess skin and stubborn fat, I cannot wear pants unless I wear a loose tunic shirt. It is just terrible and makes me feel so self-conscious, people meet me and their eyes instantly drop to my crotch and I know what they are looking at and what they are thinking. And in case you are wondering, it's all trousers, loose straight leg, heavy fabric.

So my question is, are there specific ... liposuction procedures for that front area? vulva tuck? I'm not talking about labioplasty or anything regarding the genitals. Help and thank you.

If you are talking about the front triangular area (I sound stupid but don't know how else to explain it lol) yes they do Lipo on this area.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

though I hate HATE hate this term, it is basically a super pronounced "camel-toe"

If there is extra skin I'm really not sure. Maybe schedule a consult to see what can be done of it makes you uncomfortable. :) good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Meanwhile wear summer dresses. You look great in a dress as in your profile. I am fat there also but have not lost anything in that area yet. I never thought about drooping skin there. Please let us know what the plastics guy says. A lot of us may get the same problem as time goes on. Thanks for having the nerve to bring it up.

I thing that area you are referring to is the mons pubis. I think a plastic surgeon could tell you the answer as to what can be done for you, but I bet there is something. I saw a show on discovery health a while back, and this girl in England had lost a bunch of weight, had plastics, but they botched it. She was left with what she called her "willie" and it was quite pronounced. After a revision, she looked great and no longer had her "willie".

On another note, congrats on your weight loss and new found health! That must feel so great to see your new shape emerging!

Unfortunately for me, I must wear trousers all the time, because of my work (I'm deployed) so it is a constant source of embarrassment :(

I'm going to speak bluntly here. I'm not sure about the camel toe thing, but I had a body lift yrs ago and though my tummy was tight, the triangle (front view) is very fat and puffy and its lower than it should be. You can actually grab it like a baseball and fill your hand. I had my surgery in Costa Rica so I won't go back there to find out why this wasn't taken care of or IF it even can. When I lose this new found weight though, I will go find a plastic surgeon and see what can be done. I will be watching this topic now to see what others can add. good luck to you!

When you have a Tummy Tuck they can address this by pulling it up. So tummy gets pulled down mons pubis can be pulled up a bit smoothing it out they can also Lipo since you can't put that thing on a diet ask your plastic surgeon when you go for a consult

There was a topic about this a week or two ago... it might have been in the powder room. But more than one person said that area was addressed in their Tummy Tuck or body lift procedures. It concerns me too because even thought my stomach has shrunk a lot you still cannot see my "girl" too well because of the saggy/fat skin down there. However, it only matters when I'm naked because I still have a big enough apron (still losing) that masks it.

Before my Tummy Tuck my mons pubis was a disaster - I lost my weight in other places but had a disproportionate fat pad in that area, and excess skin. The plastic surgeon did Lipo and a lift of that area when she did the TT. As she said, she tells her patients that no woman should look like she has a scrotum. LOL. The surgery addressed the problem. I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon to see what could be done - if you get only the genital area addressed it ought to be someone with a lot of experience in that type of surgery.

And in the meantime some kind of compression underwear is probably needed to disguise the issue to the extent possible.

Unfortunately for me' date=' I must wear trousers all the time, because of my work (I'm deployed) so it is a constant source of embarrassment :([/quote']

In the interim between now & plastics a good tailor can do wonders for highlighting your assets and disguising the places you feel need to be disguised. I know it's a pain to get your work pants customized, but it could help for the time being.

Mons Pubis is the medical term. A lot of tummy tucks pull this area firm at the same time. I agree about the poster talking about tailoring your clothes. This could be a good place to start.