Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine told me you want to look for the most Protein with the least volume - since your smaller stomach can't take large amounts, and you need to make sure you get your Protein in.

I use the Syntrax Nectars because there's 23 g protein per scoop, and you can mix it with as little as 8 oz of Water or milk (up to 16 oz.) With milk, that gives it an additional 11 g protein boost. They have a lot of different flavors, and you can get sample sizes to try them out. My favorites are Double Stuffed Cookie and chocolate Truffle (yes, I'm a chocoholic) but they also have several fruit flavors.

Hi all I am at a loss

Which Protein shakes are good? Which GNC

My. Nutritionist didn't tell me what to look for

Hi- most new post ops start out with Syntax nectar, unjury or pure Protein Shakes (rtd). My WLS center highly recommends nectar to every patient (they have done the research with regards to effectiveness, taste, etc). She does say that your tastes for Protein Shakes may change post op. In other words, find out *again* what type of shake you like as a post op and do not buy a lot as a pre op.

Both Syntrax nectar and Unjury have sample packs where you can determine what flavors you enjoy. For example, do you enjoy fruity flavors like strawberry or sweet flavors like Oreo. I am a *huge* fan of Oreo flavor both pre and post op.

Regardless of the branding, try and pick a fast acting 100% whey Protein as it will help you heal faster. That is key as you want to get in a lot of protein during that first few weeks from your shakes. It helps if you enjoy it!!

You can also experiment. For example, mixing together chocolate truffle, PB2 and butter Scotch SF pudding makes for a tasty buffer finger shake. Awesome!

Once you are further away from surgery day as a post op, you might look into some more specialized protein to help with exercise recovery (cardio and lifting). However, do not worry about that for a while. Good luck!

Hi all I am at a loss

Which Protein shakes are good? Which GNC

My. Nutritionist didn't tell me what to look for

My first experience with GNC and Protein Shakes, they made me a sample to try!

I suggest the Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 Cookies and Cream or chocolate. They taste amazing using only Water, even better with milk. The serving size is 3 scoops and 12 oz of Water, I cut it down to 2 scoops and 8 oz.

Optimum Nutrition strawberry banana is good, unjury chocolate Supreme is as well - both with skim or 1% milk.

I'm finding that I don't really like vanilla flavoring much in any brand.

My first experience with GNC and Protein shakes' date=' they made me a sample to try!

I suggest the Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 Cookies and Cream or chocolate. They taste amazing using only Water, even better with milk. The serving size is 3 scoops and 12 oz of Water, I cut it down to 2 scoops and 8 oz.

Optimum Nutrition strawberry banana is good, unjury chocolate Supreme is as well - both with skim or 1% milk.

I'm finding that I don't really like vanilla flavoring much in any brand.[/quote']

Yup - the Wheybolic 60 Cookies and creme is really good. It is my go to shake after a workout.

Here is how it shakes ( haha) down for me daily:

Morning: Syntrax Matrix Cookies and Cream

After running: GNC Wheybolic 60

Bed time: Gold Standard Casein shake

I typically would not recommend 3 shakes a day for everyone, but I find it really helpful for achieving my daily Protein goals. I try and take in 150+ G protein a day. Someday, I might need 1 g / 1 lb ( 170 g) depending on where lifting will progress to. I am losing weight still on this much protein.

I am losing weight still on this much Protein.

Fascinating. On the packaging of the AMP Wheybolic it says "Do not use for weight reduction" under the nutrition facts. I've asked a nurse and a nutritionist and neither could figure out why it would say that, considering that the only thing unusual was the 60g of Protein per serving - the fat and sugars are all very reasonable.

Fascinating. On the packaging of the AMP Wheybolic it says "Do not use for weight reduction" under the nutrition facts. I've asked a nurse and a nutritionist and neither could figure out why it would say that, considering that the only thing unusual was the 60g of Protein per serving - the fat and sugars are all very reasonable.

I've seen a lot of protein powders that have this on the packaging as well, it's not just the brand you're mentioning. Not really sure why, either...

Fascinating. On the packaging of the AMP Wheybolic it says "Do not use for weight reduction" under the nutrition facts. I've asked a nurse and a nutritionist and neither could figure out why it would say that' date=' considering that the only thing unusual was the 60g of Protein per serving - the fat and sugars are all very reasonable.[/quote']

The packaging states to take 60 g, but that is really a lot for us. Instead, I do one scoop or about 25 g per serving. It is fairly low carb (1g).

It could have something to do with the fact that 1 serving also has 240 calories, compared to 100 calories in the Syntrax Nectars, for example...

It could have something to do with the fact that 1 serving also has 240 calories' date=' compared to 100 calories in the Syntrax Nectars, for example...[/quote']

When you say 1 serving is 240 calories, do you mean 60 g or 20 g? Sorry, I do not have it in front of me right now.

When you say 1 serving is 240 calories' date=' do you mean 60 g or 20 g? Sorry, I do not have it in front of me right now.[/quote']

The full 60g serving.

The full 60g serving.

Now that you have said 60g is 240 calories then a 20 g serving is 80 calories. Add back in 5 g calories because 25 g is what we really want per serving. That puts the Amplified Wheybolic 60 25 g serving at a comparable amount to nectar shakes; that is, both have 100 calories.

It is a good powder to take daily, but I would definitely not take the suggested 60 g serving size in a single dose unless you are in serious weight training. It works as a good shake during post op weight loss, especially as a recovery shake after exercise / training.