Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needs some motivation

I was sleeved on June 7, 2011. I started at 298 lbs. I dropped to 199 lbs. I've since settled at 210 lbs and haven't moved in 6 months. I'd still like to lose 50-60 lbs. (Goal weight 150 lbs).

I've found myself getting frustrated with the stall and am falling back into bad head space habits, which then keeps the vicious circle in place. Even thought my portions are small, I'm not making the best choices in food anymore. My mother recently passed away at only 59, and I've used that as an excuse to get off of my exercise routine.

So, I'm not gaining, but I'm definitely not going in the right direction.

I just need some tough love/motivation today!

Thanks,

Melissa

You have beaten the greater part of your enemy. It's on the ropes. Kill it.

Go over your battle tactics one at a time, cover all the bases. Water, Protein first, exercise, Vitamins, Fiber, sleep, no browsing, and whatever you use in your fight.

Accept no excuses, show no mercy, don't lie to yourself. Your mother passing away is traumatic but sabotaging your body does not honor her.

You can take it to the goal and beyond, it is in you. Grab it. Get mad, get mean. Win.

Where is Laura-Ven when you need her!

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom, it has to be so hard for you right now.

I'm happy you decided to reach out, you know what you need to do and you came to the right place for motivation. You need to grieve, but at the same time, you need to take care of yourself. No good can come of getting deeper into habits you know to be destructive. Recommit. Are you using any tracking software (myfitnesspal)? I know this keeps me accountable and the friends I have there are great motivators for exercise and diet. It is never too late to get back on track.

We are here for you!

Take care of yourself.

First, I'm so sorry about your mom. My mom is 59 also, so very young still. If you were close, like i am with mine, I can only imagine what you must be going thru.

As far as getting to your goal weight, I agree with gmanbat, get back to your basics. Get back to an eating plan and stick with it. Track what you eat, exercise and get in that Water. I've heard of people doing "boot camps" to get you back on track. I'm sure if you type in boot camp in the search bar the specific name of ones people have used will pop up. You can do this! You've done it before! Good luck and take care :)

Michelle

Thank you for the kind words and gentle push. I think I just needed to put it out there and see it in black and white. I've got a grocery list made for tonight and just signed up for a pilates class starting Monday. Thanks for being there!!!

Yeah! My secret weapon in the exercise war is do it before I wake up all the way and make an excuse. I get up, get dressed for exercise, brush my teeth and hair, wash my face and head out. I don't even drink coffee first.

I also clean out the house of trigger foods, which change as time goes by. And I stock up on low cal, filling favorites:

Greek Yogurt

Lowfat string cheese

Lowfat lunchmeat

costco Roast chicken

Lettuces, spinach, or baby greens, rinsed and ready to go

Frozen veggies (latest favs are Trader Joes fire roasted peppers and onions, whole green Beans, and cubed butternut squash)

Canned veggie Soups

Whole grain bread

Fresh fruit and veggies (whatever's in season)

Soy milk (still got a little lactose problem post-op)

oatmeal

And I track what I eat using a white board on the fridge door. I write it BEFORE I bite it.

Lynda

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. As for your weight loss struggles, I could've written this post myself! I'm stuck at 210 and can't budge. I'm going to be following this post for inspiration.