Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is scheduled for May 16. I am so nervous that something will go wrong, either it be the anesthesia or surgery itself. Is there anyone who can give a little reassurance???

Just make sure you follow all directions and give all of the information you can regarding meds and when you took them and/or stopped them and you will do great!!! Also, make sure you use the pumps on your calves and walk alot!

I was super excited about my upcoming surgery and then the day came that I actually got a date. I almost cried in the Dr's office, not because I was excited but because I was scared out of my mind! I came home and cried off and on for a few days. All I could think of was leaving my kids without their mom, leaving my husband alone to raise the kids, and thinking of my husband remarrying and getting a new "mom" for my kids. I couldn't imagine how they would survive without my income and once the life insurance money ran out. Well, I had my sleeve on March 25. My husband and both children were at the hospital during my surgery and were there when I woke up. I have not had any complications from surgery, not even nausea from the anesthesia (and trust me, anesthesia ALWAYS makes me severely nauseated). I haven't been sick any and the pain has improved daily. I'm home with my kiddos and loving it. Everything is going to be okay. You are going to come through surgery great! Surgery will be fine. You'll probably be sore when you wake up but you'll have some good people taking care of you. The worst part of this for you, in my opinion, is that you have so long to think about it. Think positive thoughts and be confident that you have made a good decision and that you are going to get amazing results with it!

Just make sure you follow all directions and give all of the information you can regarding meds and when you took them and/or stopped them and you will do great!!! Also, make sure you use the pumps on your calves and walk alot!

What are the pumps on your calves? I feel embarrassed to ask....

I suggest that you take it one day at a time and sit back and enjoy the beautiful transformation your body is going to go through.

Also start working on recognizing the triggers that come up that move you to eat something not so healthy or to over eat. It's better to work on these now and be prepared.

Also eat a healthy diet and exercise....>This is life saving too.... :)

It's those air things they put on your lower calfs to help prevent blood clots.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

What are the pumps on your calves?

Ms. skinniness

I didn't have those "pumps" with WLS

but...........i had them earlier last year when i had my knee replacement

sorry for the terminology - but they put these "things" around your legs that inflate on and off that helps to avoid you from having blood clots - like those special stockings that are given at the hospital

i'm sure someone else can explain it better

i'm pretty sure that is what DmrBigF4vr is referring too

ooooooooops

carrie and i must have posted same time :)

so, i'm glad my answer was right :)

if it was wrong - well - people have been shot for less :lol:

My surgery is scheduled for May 16. I am so nervous that something will go wrong, either it be the anesthesia or surgery itself. Is there anyone who can give a little reassurance???

ashleep

try not to worry yourself now-you have plenty of time ahead to worry :lol:

no-not really just kidding ;)

worrying is not gonna help

so knock it off :D

most/almost all WLS go without a hitch :)

yes, there is that "possibility" of a complication :(

but - all/any surgeries have a "possibitity" of a complication

for your health and happiness - I feel NOT having the surgery is worse than having the surgery

i mean the surgery will help you get healthy, help lose your co-morbities (diabetes, hp) et al

the weight loss appearance is a secondary bonus

if you DON'T have the surgery - your health problems will continue

so.............its easier said than done - "but for me!!! - and you too

please "try" and calm your nerves

you will be so happy with the help of the sleeve getting you healthier, happier for the rest of your longer life!!

good luck