Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 3-18-13. I am just 5 days post-op. I went to Mexicali so that I could have Dr. Aceves do my vertical sleeve. I am so glad that I did. I was originally going for the lap band, thank god I continued my research and became more educated. Almater Hospital and there staff was excellent. Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos were amazing and they have great bed side manor. I never would have received that kind of care in the states. Anyone who is looking into a vertical sleeve I would totally recommend them. My journey of course has just started, I am excited to become the new me, and will be reaching out for support from fellow sleevers!

Hi Rachel... Congrats on your surgery going so well and that you had such a good experience with Dr. Aceves and his staff!

I love hearing the experiences that others are having with Dr. Aceves as I will be there April 1st for a revision from the Lap Band (Be really happy with your decision not to be banded) to the Vertical Gastric Sleeve. I am scared silly but hearing your experience eases my mind. :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Darcy

I had my surgery on 3-18-13. I am just 5 days post-op. I went to Mexicali so that I could have Dr. Aceves do my vertical sleeve. I am so glad that I did. I was originally going for the lap band' date=' thank god I continued my research and became more educated. Almater Hospital and there staff was excellent. Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos were amazing and they have great bed side manor. I never would have received that kind of care in the states. Anyone who is looking into a vertical sleeve I would totally recommend them. My journey of course has just started, I am excited to become the new me, and will be reaching out for support from fellow sleevers![/quote']

Hey Rachel! You joined VST! The Mexi-Sleevers rock! They've been a great support system.

It really was nice hanging with you. Eating buffalo... And walking. And sipping. And burping. And sharing GasX strips. Our moms were lucky to hit it off so well too. They became quite a duo. I was so bummed I had to delay my departure but I did appreciate Dr. Campos insisting on keeping an extra eye on me. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Aceves and crew and Almater hospital either!

Amanda Rae

I wish I could have been there with both of you!

I wish I could have been there with both of you!

Instead you are stuck with me Nightingale! LOL. I love hearing about these great experiences with Dr. Aceves.

How long is your pre-op diet?

Oh MzMeka... I am definitely not stuck with you and I think we will form our own little sleeving family while we are there! You are going to love Gracie and she is going to help all of us understand what the heck is being said in Spanish!

My pre-op diet starts tomorrow... I am having my last meal tonight... alone... and doing way too much thinking and worrying! I went and purchased things for the trip today and some Protein liquid for the 15 day clear post-op diet... SF Jello... etc. I also broke down and got a Ninja blender thang since the revision is going to have me on liquids and mushies for quite awhile.

So... here I sit... drinking a glass of red wine after eating Pasta and trying to distract myself from thinking too much about the big changes ahead of me. Having this surgery is cutting off every single thing I have used for comfort for years and dang... I am scared!

How are you doing? Are you starting pre-op diet tomorrow too? How's the anxiety part going for you? If you ever want to chat... let me know...I'm happy to share my number.

P.S. If I am not barfing... I will be the one bugging everyone to get up and walk... just letting you know ahead of time so you can lock your door...lol.

I kind of started today after having a midnight meal at IHOP. I had scrambled eggs with cheese for Breakfast and a premier Protein chocolate shake for lunch. I am not sure what I'll be having for dinner. I'm trying to chug Water - that is my downfall... besides my undying love for bread. I have a Magic Bullet blender, so I'll stick with that for now. I was looking at the :ph34r: blenders at Sam's Club this morning.

I'm doing fine at the moment. I serve at a restaurant on Sundays only at the moment and I'm worried about drinking enough Water while giving good service by not running to pee every 10 minutes. I am just anxious to have the sugery. There isn't a reason that it would be cancelled or delayed, but I always think of everything that could happen to ruin a vacation or procedure in this case. Once I'm at the airport and taking off for San Diego those thoughts will subside. I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your last supper. :)

I would love to hear a detailed account of your experience. I am saving up for Dr. Aceves in the summer of '14. Did you have a lot of pain right after surgery?

Yes I agree 100%!! I was sleeved by Dr.Aceves on March 1,2013! And have no regrets my surgery and time in the hospital was outstanding!!

I did have some pain! It was gas pain started right below my breast and went up into my shoulders. But everyone is different. My incisions do not hurt however.