Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 days post op food/liquid intake problems

I'm hoping that I still have a very swollen stomach and that is why I can't eat/drink a lot. I've tried 5 different Protein Drinks and after 1 or 2 ounces (takes over an hour to drink) I am so full that I can not drink or eat ice chips for hours afterwards. If I try to drink anything even an hour later, I vomit and it is not easy. It's hard, forceful dry heaves and then foamy Protein Drink comes back up. Protein powder, premade shakes...they are all the same reaction.

I'm on creamy Soups, refried Beans, chicken salad etc..this week. I have not cheated or eaten anything that isn't on my list from my doctor. I am not hungry at all and nothing even looks appetizing.

This is what I've had today & yesterday and that has been basically what I've had everyday for 2 weeks. One day I had shredded chicken mixed with plain greek yogurt & eggs to make a runny chicken salad.

1/4 cup mashed potatoes & gravy

16 oz bottle of Water (working on bottle 2)

3-4 spoons (reg size spoon) of creamy Tomato Soup (blended with Greek plain yogurt & a piece of babybel cheese)

16 oz cup of ice chips

3/4 of a sf Popsicle (the type in the plastic tube)

Yesterday I ate

1/4 c refried beans with 1/2 tsp shredded cheese

2 bottles water

1 cup of ice chips

1 chunk of carrot & 1 chunk of potato mashed and mixed with gravy from homemade beef stew

5 spoons of Greek vanilla yogurt

I can't take any of my medicines (they still need to be crushed) I mix with applesauce and nibble slowly but I have thrown up every time. I quit everything last week and I'm hoping my doctor will allow me to swallow pills tomorrow. I'm having bad fibro flares, my RA is acting up, I have Sjogren's Syndrome as well so being off meds is really bad.

I am 17 days post op and having some similar problems. I have no appetite and it is difficult to get all the liquids in. I am not getting in much more than you.i have arthritis and being off the meds is hard also.

I think everyone is different. I read a lot of people just doing everything rapidly but that is not my experience. I saw my doctor and she thinks everything g is fine. The sjorgrens mightmake your recovery a little bit longer. See what your dr says

I think some people take longer .I am right there with you.

Thank you. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow so I hope he says all is fine.

Could it be lactose intolerance? I'm pretty sure I am and am waaay too scared to try dairy again.

I meant to say thank you in my post the other day. I believe it was you that posted a couple recipes and I wanted you to know that I screen saved them. <3 appreciate it.

Thank you Amy. If I come across any other recipes that look yummy I'll let you know.

I'm hoping that I still have a very swollen stomach and that is why I can't eat/drink a lot. I've tried 5 different Protein drinks and after 1 or 2 ounces (takes over an hour to drink) I am so full that I can not drink or eat ice chips for hours afterwards. If I try to drink anything even an hour later, I vomit and it is not easy. It's hard, forceful dry heaves and then foamy Protein drink comes back up. Protein Powder, premade shakes...they are all the same reaction.

I'm on creamy Soups, refried Beans, chicken salad etc..this week. I have not cheated or eaten anything that isn't on my list from my doctor. I am not hungry at all and nothing even looks appetizing.

This is what I've had today & yesterday and that has been basically what I've had everyday for 2 weeks. One day I had shredded chicken mixed with plain greek yogurt & eggs to make a runny chicken salad.

1/4 cup mashed potatoes & gravy

16 oz bottle of Water (working on bottle 2)

3-4 spoons (reg size spoon) of creamy Tomato Soup (blended with Greek plain yogurt & a piece of babybel cheese)

16 oz cup of ice chips

3/4 of a sf Popsicle (the type in the plastic tube)

Yesterday I ate

1/4 c refried Beans with 1/2 tsp shredded cheese

2 bottles Water

1 cup of ice chips

1 chunk of carrot & 1 chunk of potato mashed and mixed with gravy from homemade beef stew

5 spoons of Greek vanilla yogurt

I can't take any of my medicines (they still need to be crushed) I mix with applesauce and nibble slowly but I have thrown up every time. I quit everything last week and I'm hoping my doctor will allow me to swallow pills tomorrow. I'm having bad fibro flares, my RA is acting up, I have Sjogren's Syndrome as well so being off meds is really bad.

Saw my doctor today. I'm 21 days post op today and I'm down 35 lbs. he told me my stomach is inflamed (which is why I'm throwing up so much) so I need to take Pepcid and mylanta or pepto liquid and then try to eat and drink after my tummy calms down. I still can not take whole pills, I either have to grind them or take dissolvable or liquid.

I will stay on Clear Liquids, creamy foods, runny beans, thinned yogurts etc for another 2 weeks.

He said not to worry about meeting protein requirements that my body will feed off itself and will get what it needs during the next few weeks.

The good news is that I'm down 35 lbs (31 since day of surgery) and I'm only 16 lbs away from my first goal.