Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I was sleeved 2 weeks ago and everything is going great!! I have no trouble drinking nor eating. I've been eating a little bit of chicken & fish today I ate green Beans and felt good. I know that's good but I've seen that a lot of people at two weeks it hurts them to eat, even liquids is painful for some. I'm just scared that I'm going to stretch my sleeve. Has anybody felt this good after their sleeve?? It almost feels like i didn't get the sleeve, If it wasn't for me feeling full with small portions I would think i didn't even get sleeved.

As long as you are eating small portions and following your program you won't be stretching your sleeve. A lot of people don't feel restriction until they start the mushy or solid food phase. Trust me then you will start to feel restriction. Also there is some debate on whether you can really "stretch" the sleeve or not. My surgeon says that you can but I have seen many posts where people say you can't ever stretch the sleeve. When it comes to that my advice is to talk to your surgeon and follow his advice which is what I did. Good luck!

Thank u!!:) I really hope I doesn't stretch. I lost 17 pds in the first 9 days and since then the scale hasn't moved that's why I was wondering about the stretching of the sleeve. I'm just scared to not lose more weight. I'm just impatient hahaha.

I feel the same way. I have no problems with liquids and today I had real food and felt no restrictions. It kinda freaks me out that I can eat without any problem.

I feel the same way. I have no problems with liquids and today I had real food and felt no restrictions. It kinda freaks me out that I can eat without any problem.

Yup that's exactly how I feel! When did u get sleeved?

Yup that's exactly how I feel! When did u get sleeved?

I got sleeved on 2/19/13. I was on clear liquid until yesterday. I'm able to drink 5+ bottles of Water. I don't have to sip bc I can take a normal drink out of them.

I got sleeved on the 16th and since the first time thy let me have something to drink I've done that too. I take normal drinks of Water too. I hope I feel the restriction when it comes to food what kind of Protein Drink are u taking?

Hi all,

I wanted more information from patients who recently had the VSG done. Im going to the seminar next week. honestly i never thought of this as an option for me until my physician mentioned it. how do people feel pre op? what got them through the first few days of post opt? pain, weakness? any information is greatly appreciated!

A stall at two or three weeks post-op is very common.You can search the forum for information about it.

I didn't have any problems with my sleeve, so I did feel good after surgery.

As you heal, you will notice you can eat more than you could at first. It isn't because the sleeve stretched, but it is because the swelling has gone down.

I still have very good restriction if what I am eating has a lot of Protein. I don't have any restriction (or not much) if I eat slider foods like chips or popcorn. I am over a year and a half out from surgery. I always eat protein first.

A stall at two or three weeks post-op is very common.You can search the forum for information about it.

I didn't have any problems with my sleeve' date=' so I did feel good after surgery.

As you heal, you will notice you can eat more than you could at first. It isn't because the sleeve stretched, but it is because the swelling has gone down.

I still have very good restriction if what I am eating has a lot of Protein. I don't have any restriction (or not much) if I eat slider foods like chips or popcorn. I am over a year and a half out from surgery. I always eat protein first.[/quote']

Thank u very much for the info :)

Hi I was sleeved 2 weeks ago and everything is going great!! I have no trouble drinking nor eating. I've been eating a little bit of chicken & fish today I ate green Beans and felt good. I know that's good but I've seen that a lot of people at two weeks it hurts them to eat' date=' even liquids is painful for some. I'm just scared that I'm going to stretch my sleeve. Has anybody felt this good after their sleeve?? It almost feels like i didn't get the sleeve, If it wasn't for me feeling full with small portions I would think i didn't even get sleeved.[/quote']

Me too! I like to think my surgeon was so gentle our tummys weren't too traumatized so our swelling is less! It really is all about the swelling and healing! We were lucky! Pure and simple!

Me too! I like to think my surgeon was so gentle our tummys weren't too traumatized so our swelling is less! It really is all about the swelling and healing! We were lucky! Pure and simple!

Yes I think we were lucky.

I am 3 months out .it is a learning process as u go ! U will have a bunch of stalls along the way where u quit losing.i feel like I am at a stall constantly but went from a tight 22 to a almost fitting 14...3x top to a XL top!!!!it will come off!!! I weigh 188 now and on my surgery day Dec 8 I was 228.i still am never patient thinking I'm just gonna stop losing all together...and then the scale starts to move..good luck!