Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pain question

So I am just about one week out from surgery and i feel ok.However I am a bit of a hypochondriac. I get this pain in my left side thats really hurts. It comes and goes through out the day. I think it might be gas, but gas-x doesn't seem to work all that much. It is a sharp sudden pain and i need to stop and breathe as it happens. it also happens when I eat. I am just such a worry wart. Its also hard to remember not to lift ten lbs. I picked up my laundry baskey to fold laundry and scared myself. I think im ok haha, Anyways I just want to know what i should be looking for if there is any problems signs or symptoms. My one week post op appointment is tomorrow and ill ask as well but I'd like hear from you all also what causes leaks. What do are leak symptoms?

Dont be embarassed i was the same way. The left side is where the largest incision was and its where the stomach itself came out so there was more damage to the one site. There are sutures actually tied to the muscle wall so that it can heal faster and stronger. The left side is also where your new pouch is so sometimes when you bend or move a certain way another organ can hit the pouch and send that pain. It will go away within the next week lol good luck

While you should always contact your doctor if you are having a strange pain and worried about leaks, but I will tell you my experience.

I too had a pain on my left side that was stabbing and went between the center and left incision. Every time I moved or twisted in the wrong direction, OMG.. the skin even became sensitive and I couldn't have anything around my waiste. It was on an off and when it was on, OMG I could barely move. Turns out, they believe it was a Rectus Muscle Hematoma which can happen due to the meds they give you to prevent blood clots. Now, mine lasted quite a long time.. about 8-9 weeks, but that does not mean this is what you have. I'm just telling you my experience. The CT Scan and the MRI showed nothing but the doc felt a small lump that he said was the hematoma. He pressed on it so hard omg, he really hurt me.. it was almost sadistic and I was begging him to stop.. HOWEVER, I think he broke it up because that week it was the worst pain ever after he did that, but since then, almost a month now, the pain is pretty much gone. It's much better now (knock on wood).

Always consult your doctor!! Let us know how you are doing.

use your heating pad! Sometimes the Gas-x doesnt relieve the gas pain from the gas that is pumped into you during surgery. Heating pad really helps!

I dono why i worry but I bent over today and felt like I pulled something can I Hurt my pouch by bending over it was while I was getting up and it was on my left side it felt like a pulled muscle or tear. Will my stomach hurt right away if I messed it up? Or will it happen slowly? What does a leak feel like how do I know if I have one

Sent from my iPod touch using VST

The no lifting isn't for your tummy it's for your internal stitches and your outer stitches or glue. The only way you can mess up ur tummy is if you eat when u aren't supposed to or if there was an error in surgery.

I feel like I'm kind of in the same boat. About 5 days out I started getting this pain on the left side near my top incision. It hurts to bend, sit, pee, roll... It just hurts. It hurts when I eat certain stuff and it hurts to the touch. I'm a stay at home mom with no family around so I do have to lift my 16 month old daughter. I do it minimally (just to put her in and out of her crib) but she is 23 pounds. I don't have health insurance so I don't want to go to the ER unless its Necessary but I don't know if it is or if I'm psyching myself out.