Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I had my revision from band to sleeve on January 14th. Surgery went well, went home the next day. Normal recovery. From the start of my pre-op diet until now I have lost about 20 pounds. But for the last week and a half, I have lost NOTHING. This seems so early for a stall.

About a week ago after a few days of no loss I started logging my food on My Fitness Pal. At first I was only getting between 500-600 calories. So I figured maybe I was getting too few calories, and made an effort to get to 800. So I've been at 800 calories for about a week.

I should mention I am still on full liquids. I don't start purees until this coming Monday. My sodium, carbs, fat, and sugar are all nice and low. I'm getting enough Water. I walk 30 minutes a day.

Has anyone else had this? Do I just wait it out? I guess that's all I can do. Any advice besides be patient?

Wow. 2-3 weeks is when the stall usually hits. It's very normal. It's supposed to happen. Don't eat more to get rid of it. I was at my NUT this week for my 6 week check up and she has me on 300 calories a day at this point. I mentioned that I'd seen people on 800 calories at this point and her eyeballs fell out. I'm still on only half a Protein Drink a day. She doesn't want me trying to reach a Protein goal yet or a calorie goal. She says its too early for that. Every one has a different surgeon and different NUT with different expectations. I'm just saying I'm very comfortable at 300 calories a day. Why take in all those extra calories if my body doesn't need them yet?

Thanks Lander. I do feel better that a stall at this point is normal. I had heard of a 2 month stall, but not one the one at 2 weeks. I just know that too few calories can send your body into starvation mode, too. It looks like you have been very successful with 300 calories - good job!

My NUT's guidance is to stay under 800 calories, but she didn't say how many is too few. My Protein goal is supposed to be 40-50 grams until next week when it goes up to 60 when I start my 4th week.

It sure doesn't help that every doctor has different rules and guidelines does it? I just want to do this right!

I had my surgery 1/14 also. I lost 14 pounds and the I stalled for about 4 to 5 days. Then I weighted myself this am and I lost another pound. I am on regular texture Protein but no beef. Struggling to get 64 ounces of Fluid in. I am getting about 50 grams of protein. My doc wants 60 to 80 grams a day.

I was sleeved on Jan. 2d, lost about 12 lbs in the first two weeks then stalled completely for two weeks. Then just in the last couple of days have lost two pounds. I started out at a relatively low BMI, though, and they told me it would be a slow process, not sure if this is the same for you.

Re calories, I upped my calories at around the 3 week point to about 800 a day as well. I was just too fatigued at lower amounts. I usually get b/w 60-70 gms of Protein, but am bad about getting enough Water (50-60 oz including Decaf coffee and almond milk in shakes). I suspect things might go a bit better if I drank more Water.< /p>

Ttammara, thanks, I'm so glad we are at the same stage, and you experienced this too. Sounds like we are also on similar plans. I am hopeful that I'm on the right path.

I ordered unflavored Protein powder from the unjury website. I put that in my Soup every day (about half a scoop, since half of cup of Soup at a time is not much liquid) and that adds 10 g of Protein which helps. I also got a sample kit from them at the same time and did not like their other flavors except the chicken soup one. But I did find that the chicken soup one is best with just Water. If you add it to actual low fat cream of chicken soup, not only is it too much sodium, it doesn't taste that great. Too strong. But the unflavored is how I have managed to get my protein over 40. Two Protein shakes is about all I can handle in a day.

I also found I like the Premier Protein shakes from Sams and costco. They are 11 oz., have 30 g of protein, are premade, and taste good. Not too sweet. So many of the shakes taste way too sweet to me.

I'm 13 1/2 months out now and here's what I've learned about the VSG: Everyone is different, every NUT had different directions, everyone experiences stalls at different points in their weightloss journey, everyone experiences different levels of pain and anxiety. What you are going through is completely normal. I have had MANY stalls but everyone of them was just a stall. I'd get all depressed and worried and then BOOM I would start to lose again with little to no adjusting of my calorie or carb intake. I know that it gets discouraging at times but try not to let it get to you. This site and all the people that have posted their journey and advice has been such a godsend for me through my journey. Try to keep positive and don't worry. Before you know it...it will be a year down the road and you will be a shadow of your current self!!!!! Good luck!

Facing50, yes, I was so exhausted at less than 800 calories too! Upping it really made a difference in my energy level.

I am thinking that if more of my liquid is Water this would help as well (being that I'm on full liquids now some of it is Soup and sf popsicles and sf Jello and such).

Once I go to purees next week, I wonder if I can get the 64oz of Water in if I will start losing better?

Thank you Junior Guru! Your encouragement really helps! And congrats on your loss! Your ticker says 5 lbs to go - well done!

Uh, Frumpynomore, I got your name wrong! LOL. Looked at your category and not your name! Cute name, I love it!

I had my revision from my slipped band to sleeve on Jan. 4th and stalled at week 2 and haven't moved. I have a low BMI so I figured it will break soon but i won't be getting big numbers anyways. I'm getting around 700 calories but I'm only getting about 45-50 grams of Protein (NUT wants 60)and 32- 48oz of Water so I think that is why my body is in starvation mode. I lost 17 lbs the first 2 weeks and I only needed to lose 40lbs at the time of surgery so it was a shock to my system.

Blondie, have you tried making your own shakes? I couldn't tolerate any of the pre-made shakes because of the awful fake sweetness. It takes me five minutes to make my own (I use a stick/immersion blender but you could use a regular small blender or food processer). I put in the following:

I cup almond milk, I scoop unflavored Protein powder (mine is 17g/protein per scoop), 1/3 banana, 1 TB PB2 (powdered peanuts), 1TB high grade unsweetened cocoa, 2 TB fat free coolwhip, 2 packets of Splenda.

I think that comes out to about 200 calories and 18g Protein. Sometimes (if I know I am going to be running around and won't be able to eat for 3+ hours) I double it and sip it the whole time.

If I need more Fiber I add a TB of chia seeds which are great for tons of health reasons (including constipation) but which gel into a texture kind of like tapioca in the shake after 15ms, which some people don't like.

This shake tastes so much better than the premixed, is so much cheaper, healthier (fewer additives/less processed), and is super easy once you have all the ingredients.

** Sorry you guys, just realized this was a band to sleeve revision forum, I thought it was the regular post-op one, didn't mean to butt in.

Facing50 that sounds so yummy! And I've been wondering if we can eat chia seeds. I'm going to try that, thanks!

Surprisedtobesleeved, here's to us breaking our stall soon! :D

It is actually good, good enough that I don't mind using it as a meal substitute (and I still love to eat and cook, so I hoard those calories carefully :) I just hate the taste of the pre-mixed shakes so much I thought that I would skip the whole shake phase until I came across that recipe, now I probably have three a week, especially when it gets too busy to eat at regular intervals otherwise.

Check with your doc about the chia seeds, I didn't get much guidance on those and started about 3 weeks out (am a bit past 4 now.) It just seems like there is so much varation in advice from docs/nutritrionists.