Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5-days post op: AMAZING ride!

It is my wish for all of you that your journey is a sweet as mine has been so far!

This is day 5 and I think things are going along really well.

Last night was bad night and about midnight I had bout of buyer's remorse. Seems the gas pains I was sure I was going to miss, decided to make their debut. Had a crying breakdown for about a half hour before my husband was able to sooth my soul with quiet singing, slow rocking and lots of prayer. He could teach florence Nightingale a few things I will tell you!! Never has there been a more attentive, loving, funny, supportive nurse and cheerleader.

He follows me every step when I walk figure 8s around the furniture in each room - whether it is noon, or 2 a.m. Crushes every pill. Gives me every shot of Lovinox in my tummy. Times out every med and Vitamin. Counts every ounce of liquid and every gram of Protein. This has been an amazing process so far and I swear, I wouldn't trade one minute of any of it. He has built spreadsheets for this process so he can monitor everything I do in 15 minute increments for each 24-hour period - no, I am not kidding. It is awesome. He also did one to keep track of the meds. He has them all set up in a notebook. It makes it so much easier to keep track of the things we were told to do.

I have always known what an extraordinary person he is, but the light from his heart shines its brightest when he is needed most. It is impossible that I have, or will ever do, anything that makes me worthy of such love and devotion. The gift of him is a perfect testimony to God's unending, unmerited gift of GRACE in my life. There are no words to describe my gratitude.

Yesterday, I managed to get in 48 oz liquid, 27.5 G Protein, two Flintstones chewable Vitamins, one blood pressure med, one lovinox shot, one Pepsid and a decent nap. Walked 9 times, did that breathing spirometer thing 10 times (10 breaths each) and even fit in a shower. Only took one dose of the liquid pain killer all day.

By the time today is over, I will have gotten in about the same amount of Fluid and almost 70g of protein with all the above all over again. Will continue with Clear liquids through Monday and add strained cream Soups on Tuesday. Still have gas pains and am as sore as should be expected with such a major surgery but things are progressing well and I couldn't be happier. Have no idea how much weight I have lost and really do not care one little bit. I am way, way over the power of the scale and it doesn't call my name at all.

This isn't about the weight.

This is about my life.

Finally.

If my husband doesnt do all this for me he is toast :) I'm glad you are doing so well and have such wonderful support (:

Hang in there, things will keep improving. I had a rough recovery, but the gas pains were gone about day 7.

you are so very lucky to have someone to take such good care of you. I am 2 days post op and alone at home. I hope nothing goes wrong with me.

Amazing husband, and nurse. While my husband is as supportive as he can be I'm lucky if he watches the kids while I nap lol

You are a very lucky lady to have someone who cares so much about you! I'm glad you are having such a wonderful recovery... good luck on your weight loss journey. :)