Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery with Dr Illan

I still can't believe my surgery is done. I get to the hospital almost 11am and they start working on me right away. My lab work, my height, my weight, chest ex ray. Then we take a minute to meet the Dr on the floor and get some medical history and tell me what to expect. Omar (the coordinator) was right when he said they have done so many surgeries. He was their to meet me when I got to the hospital and helped fill out the paperwork. I ended up upgrading to hospital florence that is very nice. Well after I saw the cardiologist and got my EKG and some more medical history I meet Dr Illan (that is very young by the way) I didn't have that many questions for him but he was able to go over the process that will be taken. Next thing you know I get wheeled off to surgery and before you know it I am being wheeled back to my room with a mild soreness in my stomach. I know I have to walk and I have been doing the best I can but at first they would not let me walk until the anesthesia was completely worn off. So I am in my room resting and happy as can be to be on the losers bench.

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

I'm glad everything went well!! Keep us posted!!! February 18th here I come!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using VST

Thanks for checking in! I've been looking for your update lol! So glad to hear everything went well!! Get some rest! Update us when you can

Today is 85% and getting better. Still can't believe I am doing so well. All of a sudden in the middle of the night and during one of my walks threw the halls I started feeling myself again. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes.

Im glad everything went well, keep up the walking!!!! let us know any updates ok!!!

Thanks for the update and we are so excited for you!!!! Every day will get better, I'm sure.

I am back home now and enjoyed my hole experience. I stayed busy at the Hotel (which is beautiful by the way) I had to see the dentist and got plenty of shopping and they have some excellent broth across from the hotel. Omar will take you and I can't thank him and Dr Illan for making this hole experience so wonderful.

YAY! I am so glad that you had such a great experience. Did you have a drain Btw? He told me he only uses them when needed.