Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ridiculous surgery dreams - share!

Last night was the first time I really dreamed about the surgery. I'm waiting for insurance approval, so of course I'm thinking about it almost constantly.

In my dream, I went to the surgeon's office for a checkup. They said I was approved, so we should head right over to the hospital for the surgery immediately.

Then I'm suddenly in a hospital room with my husband. In comes the surgeon, who is Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. He quickly operates on me right there in the room while I'm awake and just hanging out, then leaves my husband to sew me up with stitches. My husband gives me a line of expertly done cross-stitches. The nurse who just watched the 5 minute surgery and my husband's stitching was still in the room going over my chart. I asked her why I didn't have my surgeon, Dr. Teel. She said, "Oh, he just handles the paperwork."

Then I realize I never told my boss that I would need time off of work for this surgery, so I try to get ahold of her and hope she's not too angry. Turns out, she is also at the hospital giving birth to twins (she is pregnant in real life, due in a couple months with one baby lol). So, feeling fine and wonderful, I jump out of the bed and start roaming the halls trying to find her.

Of course the hospital is a giant maze-like structure. I find out the maternity wing is on Pink Level 5, and go the elevators. The elevators are tubes that hold one person at a time. There are different sizes, small, medium, large, and super huge. Also a Pepsi machine. I have to get into the super huge tube and am embarrassed because there are high school girls standing nearby.

Finally I get to the area where my boss should be, but it's like a train station waiting area. A bunch of large benches with people sitting around, bored, and a dusty area in the back with old Christmas decorations and some empty store display shelves. I can't find her, and the list of patients on the wall doesn't list her.

Then I woke up.

Anyone want to go next?

I'm still pre-op as well and my first dream went like this...

I am in my hospital room and I've already had surgery. My cousin, who has always been a beanpole was there and she had also had the surgery. Since we were awake, we decided we should start walking to help with the gas. We made our way downstairs and found ourselves in the hospital cafeteria. We thought we felt well enough so we both got a cup of Water to start sipping. Next thing I know my cousin is looking at me with her mouth gaping open in horror. I say, "what?". She shouts, "Why are you drinking BEER?!" I looked down at my hands on the table and in one hand was my cup of Water, but in the other I held a half-drank bottle of Michelob Ultra. I was angry at her for calling me out on this and snarled back, "Well it IS a clear liquid!" We sat in silence and finished our drinks, then decided we had been gone from our rooms long enough and better get back. Next thing I know I'm lying in my hospital bed with my stomach hugely swollen up and hurting and the Doctor standing over me shaking his head. He said, "This is not normal, we will have to re-operate immediately." I felt so ashamed of myself that I actually woke up!

Next up, only a few weeks ago, I dreamed this....

I was at the airport waiting on my flight. It was dark and uncomfortable, and very crowded. Everyone was impatient. When I went to check my bag it had fallen open some how and I noticed that everything in my bag was wrong!! I had my husband's leather jacket, my son's tattered blanket...but nothing that I needed for my trip! I was holding up the line, so stuffed it all back in as best I could and decided I would have to just make do without it. Next up was the ticket counter. I handed over my ticket and the lady asked for my picture ID. It was then that I realized I had forgotten my wallet at home so no ID, no debit cards, no passport...I was screwed!! I was stressing out over what to do, how was i going to fix this?? Why did I forget something so important?? The ticket counter lady suggested a later flight, but that would mean driving 3 hours round trip to get my wallet and for some reason that meant I would be making everyone else LATE as well. I was devastated.

Needless to say, since having these dreams I haven't had a beer since new years eve, and my bag is already packed WITH my passport card and ID a month early! LOL

Haha, I love that not only did you decide to have beer right after surgery, but that the hospital cafeteria served it!

:lol:

Love these dreams! I'm waiting on approval and have been obsessed thinking about the surgery and doing research. I'm always looking at info on the iPad before I go to sleep. Somehow in my dream, I was in a hospital but I was pregnant giving birth (49 and we never had children). I was in total shock and was very confused because I was supposed to be getting the sleeve. I just remember feeling very confused. I guess it had to do with me reading a post and someone comparing the pain to a c-section! Glad that I didn't wake up to a screaming child! Lol. Dreams can be so weird! :)

I had a dream post-op that I ate too much and I tore my stomach staples open. That was scary. I find post-op, I have more intense dreams now.

I have been having dreams too as I wait for insurance auth. I dreamt that I had the surgery and woke up from it without any pain or discomfort. They put me in a waiting room and I'm waiting to get my goodie bag and release papers. So for some reason they give me a backpack full of samples for the home and my pet. I leave and head home. Once I'm home, I start feeling excruciating pain and I realize that they didn't give me any pain meds. I get on the phone and try to contact the doctor and the hospital to get some drugs but I can't get ahold of anyone. I'm in so much pain and crying. I pretty much woke up there and I did actually wake up crying. Not a fun dream by any means.