Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks post op. I am in the blended foods stage. Currently, I have not had any real nutrition for the past 2 and a half days. For some reason ANYTHING I injest, no matter how tiny the amount comes right back up with slime. It's like nothing is getting into my actual stomach due to all the overwhelming slime. I don't vomit, it's more like a productive burp.

I'm going to call my surgeon's office in the morning as what it feels like is the opening to my stomach is shut preventing anything from going down. Even happens when I drink water!

As a result I can barely move without almost blacking out and I have literally no energy. Carrying 2 bags of groceries was too much, I could barely lift them up on the table.

Also the past few mornings when I wake up it feels like there is something hard in the back of my throat, and my stomach feels full of spit and slime. Like I have to burp up spit to make room for Water.

If this doesn't go away soon I'm going to lose my mind. I wanted to be able to start working out next week and with the state of things there is absolutely no way I'll be able to do that.

I fill up empty Water bottles of the slime, I have to keep one with me at all times. I'd rather be fat than deal with this :(

I hate my sleeve right now.

I don't think any of that is normal. U really need to see the dr. As soon as possible!! I have heard of swelling closing the throat but that usually happens earlier on. Lots of prayers for you!!! Call that dr. Girl that's what they get the big bucks for!!

Call your surgeon or whomever is on call for him now. Don't wait.

I'm 3 weeks post op. I am in the blended foods stage. Currently' date=' I have not had any real nutrition for the past 2 and a half days. For some reason ANYTHING I injest, no matter how tiny the amount comes right back up with slime. It's like nothing is getting into my actual stomach due to all the overwhelming slime. I don't vomit, it's more like a productive burp.

I'm going to call my surgeon's office in the morning as what it feels like is the opening to my stomach is shut preventing anything from going down. Even happens when I drink water!

As a result I can barely move without almost blacking out and I have literally no energy. Carrying 2 bags of groceries was too much, I could barely lift them up on the table.

Also the past few mornings when I wake up it feels like there is something hard in the back of my throat, and my stomach feels full of spit and slime. Like I have to burp up spit to make room for Water.

If this doesn't go away soon I'm going to lose my mind. I wanted to be able to start working out next week and with the state of things there is absolutely no way I'll be able to do that.

I fill up empty Water bottles of the slime, I have to keep one with me at all times. I'd rather be fat than deal with this :(

I hate my sleeve right now.[/quote']

Sorry your having this issue I myself was having the same issue and I called the nurse and she told me to drink pickle juice! Its has something to do with the stomach not having enough acid so it just bubbles to the top causing the sliming thing my mouth would literally fill up with alot of spit! Once I started drinking the pickle juice I been okay! So try that and see if it helps! Hope you feel better so each day gets better! God Bless

sorry that your having problems!! sounds like maybe that steuosis stricture they talk about ( not sure if I am spelling this correctly) , my doctor checked me for it after a few weeks due to some simliar problems but nothing as drastic as yours. I would call them asap !!! good luck hope things get better .. will be praying for you

My opinion is you go to the ER immediately and have a barium swallow test and CT scan. It's also imperative you get some iv fluids. It's been 3 days that's not good at all.

I'm not suggesting it is something serious but your symptoms need investigation at this point. Better to be proactive after a major surgery.

Your in my prayers!

I had the same problem. I even started regretting the surgery. Wondering what kind of life this is vomiting all the time.

No matter what I drank, I threw up. No matter what I ate, it came up. I knew I wasn't overrating or eating to fast bc the FIRST bite made me sick.

I went back to doctor. And I was told 1 in every 10 experience this excessive nausea and vomiting. And that it WILL get better.

Blue Powerade was the only thing I could hold down and not very much of it. I was so thirsty and had cotton mouth. No energy at all!

Doctor said my stomach was still swollen on the inside and once the swelling went down some I would feel better, I just needed time.

And he was correct. A week later the vomiting has improved. I still vomit 1-2 times a day but I can hold string cheese, and popsicles down.

I was so very emotional but it has gotten better. I was sleeved on dec 19. Hope u feel better

I would suggest smaller bites. THink baby spoon, or if you can't use a baby spoon take a bit and wait a full minute before having another bite.