Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have found that adding a scoop of chocolate Protein mix into a cup of hot Decaf coffee with a tsp of sf raspberry Syrup is delicious!! And helps me to get in my protein.....But a trainer at the gym says I shouldn't do this. He said it breaks down the protein (cooks it) and makes it ineffective...I say he is wrong, does anyone else have an opinion on this?

I think maybe as long as the coffee is warm, not hot, it won't change it. I mean, unjury sells that chicken Soup Protein powder that is supposed to be served warm. Also, you would have "clumps" of the powder drifting around in your coffee if it "cooked". Not 100% sure though, seems like a trainer would know more than me.

-Kendra

He's right, if it's over 140 degrees the Protein degrades. Some protein powders are only good to 130 degrees, but most are to 140. Read the label on the kind you are using, it should tell you there.

i was also told not to heat protien, it makes it ineffective.

I dont know how we are suppose to keep up with all these little tricks and rules or dos and dont's seems like anytime you find a combination that you really enjoy its wrong somehow, oh well maybe it can be an ocassional treat or you can make iced cocoa with raspberry Syrup ( if that doesn't break the rules lol)

I have found that adding a scoop of chocolate Protein mix into a cup of hot Decaf coffee with a tsp of sf raspberry Syrup is delicious!! And helps me to get in my protein.....But a trainer at the gym says I shouldn't do this. He said it breaks down the protein (cooks it) and makes it ineffective...I say he is wrong, does anyone else have an opinion on this?

if the liquid is hotter than 140 degrees it can break down the protein, kinda like gum that has been chewed one time too many times and just desentigrates in your mouth. As long as it isnt much hotter than than this it should be fine, but Click has a really good line of coffee Protein Drinks.< /p>

Unjury Protein says not to heat over 140 degree. they even send a thermometer with their chicken Soup protein or at least with the samples

i use two scoops of vanilla AMP Protein Powder from GNC added to two table spoons of Decaf coffee sf almond milk and SF chocolate Syrup (can use any kind). I blend it with ice taste like a frozen mocha!

So those steaks I throw on the barby have broken down Protein, or does the fat protect them?

Ohhhh that sounds good...I love Starbucks Mocha frappucinos!

I'll give that recipe a try :) thanks

Thanks everyone!! I'll check out the label on my shake mix and see what it says. The coffee I add it to is not all that hot because the coffemaker I have been using doesn't get it very hot. It never clumps, though. I use a wire whisk to blend it in. It really is good, though.

Thanks everyone!! I'll check out the label on my shake mix and see what it says. The coffee I add it to is not all that hot because the coffemaker I have been using doesn't get it very hot. It never clumps, though. I use a wire whisk to blend it in. It really is good, though.