Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone have Healthfirst insurance

Does anyone have healthfirst insurance and know how it works pertaining to bariatric surgery

health first requires 6month weight supervision with pcp and a whole bunch of other pre open tests before they decide is authorization is approved

health first requires 6month weight supervision with pcp and a whole bunch of other pre open tests before they decide is authorization is approved

Hello nyc8dove

Thanks for the reply but I was told by my surgeon that the only requirement healthfirst needed from me was a cardiology,pshyc,pulmonary and pcp clearance and also 2 weigh ins which I have scheduled already once that is all done I would get a package from my nutritionist for test to be done before surgery and then I see my surgeon once more before surgery.....so I just have to basically do my part.

Hello nyc8dove

Thanks for the reply but I was told by my surgeon that the only requirement healthfirst needed from me was a cardiology' date='pshyc,pulmonary and pcp clearance and also 2 weigh ins which I have scheduled already once that is all done I would get a package from my nutritionist for test to be done before surgery and then I see my surgeon once more before surgery.....so I just have to basically do my part.[/quote']

I was told the same...I have the endoscopy to redo, I had two sleep studies and the pft, the nutritionist and cardio cleared me...that psych eval was expensive....I'm scared after paying out of pocket for nutritionist and psych, I might get denied.

I was told the same...I have the endoscopy to redo' date=' I had two sleep studies and the pft, the nutritionist and cardio cleared me...that psych eval was expensive....I'm scared after paying out of pocket for nutritionist and psych, I might get denied.[/quote']

Ok so your about on your way it shouldn't be too Much longer..where are you going to have your surgery at? I'm having mine at montefiore hospital with Dr.vemulapalli hopefully by April or may.

Ok so your about on your way it shouldn't be too Much longer..where are you going to have your surgery at? I'm having mine at montefiore hospital with Dr.vemulapalli hopefully by April or may.

I'm.going to Dr. GADALETA in NorthShore Manhasset hopefully I can do mine in April

I'm.going to Dr. GADALETA in NorthShore Manhasset hopefully I can do mine in April

Ok I'm sure yours will be very soon sooner than mine being that your practically almost don't..well good look and please keep me posted...I would lo e to know the experience and outcome.

Oh ok that's good I hope all works out with you and your surgery..keep in touch :)

I was told the same and then they threw in the 6 months pcp weigh in out of nowhere. Hope you don't have to go though it. Good Luck!

I had health first with Medicaid n had to do six months n all the other stuff I did all of that but while I was doing the six months I became pregnant n miscarried n was told I had to start over cause my doctor didnt want to see me while pregnant.. But I recently switched insurance to metro plus no six month wait just have to do psych , GI ,endoscopy ,2 Nug appointments ultrasound ,n support group thinking everything should be done this month and I have to do sleep study.. Ughhhh

I had health first with Medicaid n had to do six months n all the other stuff I did all of that but while I was doing the six months I became pregnant n miscarried n was told I had to start over cause my doctor didnt want to see me while pregnant.. But I recently switched insurance to metro plus no six month wait just have to do psych ' date=' GI ,endoscopy ,2 Nug appointments ultrasound ,n support group thinking everything should be done this month and I have to do sleep study.. Ughhhh[/quote']

Wow excuse my language but your doc is a bi**** for not letting you just finish. I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I was to,d to change to metro plus too but when I was changing it I thought it was health first. Good luck hope everything goes well.

Yes she really was.. She was against the whole WLS anyways..I would switch cause its less headaches.. Where do you live?

Yes she really was.. She was against the whole WLS anyways..I would switch cause its less headaches.. Where do you live?

Sorry for the late response. I live in manhattan. Please switch your doc.

Have all the paperwork you had done with that doc sent to your surgeons office this way when you switch docs you can start off where you left off.

I have im going to jacobi and im almost done..and I switched my insurance so I dont have to do the 6 month diet..yayyy!! I did my endoscopy today n did psych..monday I have an ultrasound and sleep study then upper gi on wednesday..after that I have to do 2 nutrintion then medical clearance..the onlt thing that would stop me from having a june date is if I have sleep apena cause then I would have to wear the c-cap for a month