Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My personal issues and concerns (since they are different for everyone)....

I was pretty proud that I consumed about 40 g. of Protein yesterday. It was a combo of Greek yogurt, Cream of Tom Soup with milk added, 1 Tbsp of small curd cottage cheese and 2/3 of a bottle of Isopure. However, I don't think it has made eating today any easier or drinking and eating goals easier. Like a lot of more advanced patients (people further out), I could see how making protein and Water goals AND Vitamins AND meds alll on one day would be difficult.

I woke up today and took my second shower with the intention of going for a 30 minute walk outside. After I showered, I realized that I can't wear my pre-op pants because they would be too tight around my scars. I have 5 incisions. 2 hit around the waistline and 3 are literally under my breast line (exactly where the bra would be fitted). So on day 4, I don't feel like I can wear a bra and I can't wear my pants because my incisions are still tender (and I think my mid section is a little swollen in general)....So, I am wearing black pajama bottoms and a big shirt to coverup the girls. Concluding my shower, dressing and folding some clean clothes that my DH left out for me to fold (I told him to do this), I was exhausted. EXHAUSTED.

My sister is staying with me for the first 2 weeks because I have four kids (2, 4, 8, 10). I can't lift the 2 and 4 years old until the end of January (as per general instructions), but even if I can fudge January, I really can't "fudge" the lifting band right now....So I came downstairs and told me sister that I was going to give myself the anti-coag injection (I have to do this twice a day until Saturday due to a family history of blood clots) and then I would need a nap and we could not go out to walk. I went upstairs and literally passed out for 3 plus hours. Now it is almost 2 and I haven't eaten or had anything to drink for all that time. So, I crammed in some Greek yogurt. It's a little scary because it is hard enough to drink and eat in a timely fashion without passing out like that.

I am trying to switch over to liquid children's tylenol. (They don't make adult liquid tylenol anymore.) I find drinking 6 tsp of children's tylenol nauseating. TOO SWEET. I also am hating having to crush pills in mix them in other things. They taste so nasty.

Finally, I can taste okay, but my sense of smell is whacko. Everything smells bad like halitosis-bad.

I realize that I do not speak for all Dec 17th Sleevers. We are all different, but that has been my experience today.

If you go to CVS you can find adult extra strength liquid Tylenol. It's still gross but it's stronger so you have to take less. I'm still on Clear Liquids and so can't do anything like greek yogurt but I agree that it can be difficult. I'm doing good with sweeter Proteins made with Water. Good luck with your days to come! I'm doing amazing and I was the 19th.

I'm a Dec 17 Sleeve as well.

I've been feeling okay with just a bit of discomfort.

If you don't mind me asking, how is the weight loss so far? I'm just curious what other people are up to. Or down to. You get it

Just like becky we found the adult liquid Tylenol at cvs as well. We had checked walgreens, Walmart, target and meijer. Cvs wins ;-)

I am also 4 days out. Haven't used any pain meds since Wednesday afternoon. Haven't really felt like I needed it. Amazed at both how weak I feel and how good I feel. I expected to feel more "incapacitated" then I do, and because I do feel pretty good I am also suprised when I am suddenly completely out of energy and fall asleep.

We don't have CVS where I live. The junior chewables sounds like a possibility. I appreciate all the feedback on that one.

I'm a Dec 17 Sleeve as well.

I've been feeling okay with just a bit of discomfort.

If you don't mind me asking' date=' how is the weight loss so far? I'm just curious what other people are up to. Or down to. You get it[/quote']

I really don't plan on weighing myself until I get to the doctor's office on January. I know after that I will probably weigh myself at some interval. I do think the weight loss varies a lot for people post surgery.

Evening everyone. I had my surgery on the 17th as well. Am doing better than what I thought I would be. By day 3 "pain" was pretty much "really sore" and I haven't had to take any of the perscription pain meds since. I go tomorrow for my first follow up which I am looking forward to as I am really about the climb the walls - I live alone and doc said no driving for a week. Weather and the no driving has made it hard for exercise, but hoping to be back in the gym on the 26th.

Been doing cream of chicken, protien shakes and WonderSlim puddings. Mentally, it's a bit crazy as I feel like I am constantly "eating" and of course, this want to equate to weight gain, but I have to remember I am only eating abt 2-3 oz/hour. Today I am finally feeling like I am getting a good amount of Water in. Have felt so thirsty and know I have been dehydrated. Just try to make sure if I am not "eating" I am taking in water or other clear liquids.< /p>

Good luck to everyone!!!

I was also sleeved on the 17th and have found it pretty exhausting to try and get in enough liquids and Protein. Have yet to squeeze them all in. My husband took me out yesterday to finish up some last minute shopping, we stopped at two stores and by the time we got back I passed out! Pain isn't too bad for me, I took the liquid hydrocodone once and immediately threw up so forget that, I'll tough it out before I drink that mess again. My worst pain is in my upper back. I really think that is because I'm not standing up straight, I tend to slump over trying to protect my stomach without even realizing it then my back is killing me! My biggest problem right now is the mental aspect. I was doing really well until yesterday and today. I'm feeling sorry for myself and thinking 'what have I done' because I'm wanting to eat. It's strictly out of habit. It's cold outside, everyone is off work and out of school and thats what we've always done this time of year, sit around the fireplace and stuff our faces. Life is still the same for the hubby and kids. As I type, they are in the living room, watching a movie and eating chips and rotel dip. Ugh, I had to get away! I just keep reminding myself that next christmas I can eat too (smaller portions of course) but I'll eat it without looking in the mirror afterward and hating myself. I chose this for my health and I WILL succeed but the depression of taking away my crack has hit me hard today! This too shall pass! On another note, I've lost 18lbs since Tuesday, woo hoo. However my measurements are exactly the same. Not sure how that's possible but I've read it many times on here so my eyes are still on the prize. Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing stories, very helpful!

I was also sleeved on the 17th and have found it pretty exhausting to try and get in enough liquids and Protein. Have yet to squeeze them all in. My husband took me out yesterday to finish up some last minute shopping' date=' we stopped at two stores and by the time we got back I passed out! Pain isn't too bad for me, I took the liquid hydrocodone once and immediately threw up so forget that, I'll tough it out before I drink that mess again. My worst pain is in my upper back. I really think that is because I'm not standing up straight, I tend to slump over trying to protect my stomach without even realizing it then my back is killing me! My biggest problem right now is the mental aspect. I was doing really well until yesterday and today. I'm feeling sorry for myself and thinking 'what have I done' because I'm wanting to eat. It's strictly out of habit. It's cold outside, everyone is off work and out of school and thats what we've always done this time of year, sit around the fireplace and stuff our faces. Life is still the same for the hubby and kids. As I type, they are in the living room, watching a movie and eating chips and rotel dip. Ugh, I had to get away! I just keep reminding myself that next christmas I can eat too (smaller portions of course) but I'll eat it without looking in the mirror afterward and hating myself. I chose this for my health and I WILL succeed but the depression of taking away my crack has hit me hard today! This too shall pass! On another note, I've lost 18lbs since Tuesday, woo hoo. However my measurements are exactly the same. Not sure how that's possible but I've read it many times on here so my eyes are still on the prize. Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing stories, very helpful![/quote']

Frankly, I waver between thinking I am doing what the doctor wants and not doing the diet correctly. I really hate all the whey products, but I am not a skim milk drinker, either. Frustrating.

Alabamasleever-losing 18 lbs is fantastic. I know I haven't lost that much, because my clothes still fit me.

I was also sleeved on the 17th and have found it pretty exhausting to try and get in enough liquids and Protein. Have yet to squeeze them all in. My husband took me out yesterday to finish up some last minute shopping' date=' we stopped at two stores and by the time we got back I passed out! Pain isn't too bad for me, I took the liquid hydrocodone once and immediately threw up so forget that, I'll tough it out before I drink that mess again. My worst pain is in my upper back. I really think that is because I'm not standing up straight, I tend to slump over trying to protect my stomach without even realizing it then my back is killing me! My biggest problem right now is the mental aspect. I was doing really well until yesterday and today. I'm feeling sorry for myself and thinking 'what have I done' because I'm wanting to eat. It's strictly out of habit. It's cold outside, everyone is off work and out of school and thats what we've always done this time of year, sit around the fireplace and stuff our faces. Life is still the same for the hubby and kids. As I type, they are in the living room, watching a movie and eating chips and rotel dip. Ugh, I had to get away! I just keep reminding myself that next christmas I can eat too (smaller portions of course) but I'll eat it without looking in the mirror afterward and hating myself. I chose this for my health and I WILL succeed but the depression of taking away my crack has hit me hard today! This too shall pass! On another note, I've lost 18lbs since Tuesday, woo hoo. However my measurements are exactly the same. Not sure how that's possible but I've read it many times on here so my eyes are still on the prize. Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing stories, very helpful![/quote']

I'm assuming you had yours somewhere in Alabama. If you don't mind can I ask where?

@Sadler,-I was A LOT heavier out of the hospital. I'm down quite a bit from leaving and losing all of the IV weight and all of my clothes still fit roughly the same so I'm sure you are doing better than you think! Keep up the exercising and it'll come off fast!

Have you tried moving to a 1% milk as a buffer before skim to ease into it?

Now that it's been a week I've been having more energy and have gotten an appetite again which is nice. Today was the fist day where I thought "Man I ate a lot today" and it was really just milk, Protein and Soup. It's amazing that now even two weeks before the surgery I felt like I could hork down a whole pizza and still feel like I could eat a bit more for dinner.