Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on December 5th

I can finally post in the Poster-Operations seciont.

On December 5th I was sleeved! I was supposed to go in on December 26th, but my wish for an earlier date came true. Monday the 3rd I was notified that Wednesday the 5th was open!!! So, in I went with very little notice.

I am doing well and surgery was very smooth!!! I am relying on Advil to get me through the pain, the narcotic wasnt working. The antinausea pill nearly took my vision away. After my afternoon nap I can see this computer screen. Needless to say I do not take the antinausea or narcotic anyhow. Advil works a heck of a lot better than either of the prescriptions did. I was hospitalized for one night and came home with a catheter, which I removed last night and have since been peeing on my own.

Today I am 3 days post op, and I was able to sleep on my side last night, went for a walk outside and started to feel more human again. I had a sense of buyers remorse the last two days because I couldn't be around our two small dogs and one year old baby (she just wants to be in my arms and I cant do this right now).

i am getting my liquid pretty good and working on Protein. The Protein shakes make my stomach sick. So I am using Milk and yogart.

I am happy to say I am sleeved and join you guys!

Best,

Sannah

with them moving up your date how did the liquid only before surgery thing work out how many days did you do it before ??

Hi Sannah! I was sleeved Dec 4!!! It is so nice to see someone else from this week doing well. I am doing great....lots of gas still and finally a BM after I took milk if mag last night. I singable a question fr you.....when I get my Protein Shake in or Agee sips of broth my entire stomach feels huge and bloated. I hate it!!!!! Are you experiencing this? My mom says it must still be swelling and gas and basic trauma from surgery but I hate it.

Thanks for letting me know and I would love to keep up with each other!

with them moving up your date how did the liquid only before surgery thing work out how many days did you do it before ??

Hello,

I did a pre op diet for a month before hand and when I was finished I had to maintain my weightr loss. As for the liquid diet, I was only asked to do one day of luquids- this is standard for my surgeon. So Monday night around 5pm I got the call for a Wednesday Surgery, Tuesday all day was luquid and wednesday was surgery. It worked out smoothly. Except for Monday night I had a food funeral at my favorite coffee house.

Hi Sannah! I was sleeved Dec 4!!! It is so nice to see someone else from this week doing well. I am doing great....lots of gas still and finally a BM after I took milk if mag last night. I singable a question fr you.....when I get my Protein shake in or Agee sips of broth my entire stomach feels huge and bloated. I hate it!!!!! Are you experiencing this? My mom says it must still be swelling and gas and basic trauma from surgery but I hate it.

Thanks for letting me know and I would love to keep up with each other!

Hello,

Our dates are so close! :) I am not having this exact issue. When I eat something too fast I get painful burps, but this is about it. Protein shakes make me nauseas, so my surgeon said to stay away from them for now. I have not had a BM, but I have real bad farts!!! BLAH!!!! My poor family!

THey are working so hard to care for me and I repay them with gas!!!

Best,

Sannah

I had my surgery on dec 5th as well. I was only asked to do a one day pre op liquid diet also. I am having pains when drinking anything too. I just assumed it is gas or swelling

Hi. I had my surgery on 12/3. I am very tired, but feeling good.

Yes. When I get full my stomach bloats up and then I feel like I have to burp.

Im 5 days out and when I drink too much I get a big bubble of gas up through my chest and then I burp..not the most pleasant feeling..I also have some diarreha(sp)? I guess I would rather have that than be constipated.

Hey, did you ask your surgeon about Advil?? Mine said absolutely no ibuprofen as it is too hard on the stomach and can cause ulcers.

Hey' date=' did you ask your surgeon about Advil?? Mine said absolutely no ibuprofen as it is too hard on the stomach and can cause ulcers.[/quote']

Mine said the same. Tylenol only. No Advil or aspirin.

Hi. I had my surgery on 12/3. I am very tired, but feeling good.

I had surgery on Dec 3rd as well. I see you said your very tired, have you tried B12 sublingual? I take all Vitamins & they've helped really well. Also, I've been walking since I came out surgery and been walking since then. The only reason I started walking so soon...the gas was unbearable...OMG! It didn't start moving until 3 days after surgery...miserable! Now, I feel really good, gas gone, energy level is rising. So try the Vitamins & maybe slow walking. You have to be patient, your still recovering as well.

I had surgery on 12/5 and am pretty amazed at how well I feel. I am on Clear liquids till the 12th and hope to start on my creamy liquids then.

I am basically living on sonic ice chips, Water and a little chicken broth. The weird thing is I don't feel hungry but now notice all the food commercials.

I know we are all different as are our surgeons. I see in forums where their doctors are wanting them to get in 50 grams of Protein. My question is how do I do this on a clear liquid diet??