Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubs thinks he's psychic

So, the hubby just called and says "I have a bad feeling about this surgery". wtf do I do with that piece of info? My surgery date is Dec. 26th.

You laugh and tell him you love him even though you know he doesn't know what the future holds and thank him for thinking and worrying about you.

Talk it out. If you value your marriage you will get this issue settled BEFORE your surgery. Seek professional help if you can afford it. This can be a life changing even - both the surgery and any repercussions from marriage issues stemming from it.

He's probably scared. Guys have strange ways of dealing with things and then even worse at communicating them. But rest assured.. If yor surgery is flawless and while heading home you stub your toe... No doubt the big guy will claim " I told you so! "

;-)

So' date=' the hubby just called and says "I have a bad feeling about this surgery". wtf do I do with that piece of info? My surgery date is Dec. 26th.[/quote']

I would ask what his concerns are. I agree with splatters and rootman. They are both correct. I think sitting down and just let him tell you his concerns without interruption is beneficial. I did this with my hubby. I also included him on every appt every step of the way so I knew he was educated on the process. He became my greatest ally and support. If you value and respect his opinion, I'd sit and listen to him talk, review aspects that your doctor has gone over with you, and remember fear is a worrisome monkey to get off your back. His motivation more than likely is based on fear and love for your well being. Reminding him of the pros and cons of the process may be helpful as well. And lastly, I looked at my hubby and flat told him " you are giving me the best of you, let me give you the best of me by letting me take this step to a healthier me". Good Luck!

" you are giving me the best of you, let me give you the best of me by letting me take this step to a healthier me".

Tink2222

the statement/thought from Pipula "up above" ;) - IMO is worth repeating

Talk to DH about his concerns/worries

WLS 12/26 weeks away - exciting, but you want the two of you to start on the same page

good luck