Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there! I am currently on the road to being sleeved, I have four weeks to go. I am looking to hear from people who have been down this road already. What should I expect after surgery? How long did it take for you to recover? What rate are you losing weight/sizes? Do you have any helpful tips? I am shaking in my boots, guys! I. Am praying to lose about 225bs and its all together intimidating! Help!

I have not been sleeved as of yet, my sleeve date is Dec. 10. But I can agree with you about the shaking in my boots. The closer it gets the more nervous I am getting. At first I was really calm and was more consumed with excitement now, it is really starting to sink in. I too am looking too loose about the same amount as you. Good luck.

I certainly understand what you are going through. I am scheduled for surgery January 11th and the excitement is starting to mount. I know I can do this and so can you. The benefits will far outweigh our fears. Bless you.

I am 5'10" and my pre surgery start weight was 383. I was sleeved on 10/22 and as of today I am down 60 pounds. I lost 30 pre surgery, regained 15 in the hospital, and have lost 45 since. This includes about 2 weeks on the week 3 stall where I regained 2 pounds eating 600 calories a day.

The nerves are normal. When I woke up after getting sleeved, the first thing I did was question my sanity and think that I had been happy fat (which, I was). I hurt a lot and because of my size, moving really hurt. I had a rough first week, but with no major complications. My biggest annoyance was struggling to find some Protein I could stomach. I had a few bumps in the road and a blood clot scare last week (it was negative), but now I think I'm pretty well adjusted.

I thought my weight loss would be one nice steady drop, but it hasn't been. The body reacts in strange ways to what we've done. Am I losing overall? Yes, very much. But one day I'll drop a pound and a half, the next I'll be up a pound, then down a half pound, then down a pound, then lose nothing for a couple days... ultimately the scale moves in the right direction.

I started out in 5x tops and size 32 pants. I am currently baggy in a 3x, happy with a stretched out 2x, and comfortably in a size 28 pant.

I am fanatical about watching what I put in my mouth, and frequently keep a food diary to record how much I eat and to make sure I get my Protein in. I walk about a mile and a half more days than not. Also, Water. Water, water, water.

It's a change. A big one. I'd do it again, though. I couldn't have done it without taking this kind of step.

@TheGamer

Thank you so much for sharing! Your weight loss is fantastic! I truly needed to hear all that you had to say. I am about 5'10 and had the same starting weight. I think I just needed to know that it's worth it. I am pretty happy being fat. I hate change. I am infact terrible at it. But I know this is necessary. What do your meals look like 6 weeks out?

Breakfast is usually a Protein drink. I like GNC's Total Lean shakes. lunch is some salmon or tuna or a Protein Bar like Quest. I'll have a cheese stick, yogurt, or pudding for a snack and then maybe chicken for dinner and steamed broccoli for a snack.

I should point out that I live alone and quickly learned that if I cooked a lot, all I did was waste food. I still end up getting rid of at least half of all the perishable things I buy. I've started buying the small, individual servings of shelf stable milk (like you'd get for a lunchbox), for example, because it doesn't go bad. I buy small amounts of lunch meat from the deli for the same reasons.

386 the day of surgery 10-5-12 today 339

Sent from my iPhone using VST

post-18565-13813661705087_thumb.jpg

Looking fantastic!

I'm about 6 weeks out now. My starting weight was right about where you are. My recorded heaviest was 379 (though I was definitely well over 380 at my biggest I just don't know how much) I lost 20lbs before surgery and had surgery at 359. Today I'm 323 and feel awesome! I've lost 36lbs since surgery and 56 all together. Good luck to you :)

LOVING this thread and seeing all the weight loss from gals with a similar starting weight to me. I'm just 5'5" and my highest weight was 360 giving me a BMI of 60!!!! I lost 30 pounds a while ago and managed to keep it off and am working hard to lose weight prior to surgery. I hope to be 290 or less on my surgery date. I'd love to weigh 160 which was my weight in 6th grade but realistically I'll be happy with 190. Good fortune to us ALL!

My highest weight was 476lbs. I lost 130lbs prior to surgery (6 months) and was sleeved on November 27th (surgery weight: 345). I have lost 25lbs since surgery (today: 320).

Best decision ever. Can honestly say I had no pain or nausea. At all. Listen to your body, go slow, walk as much as you can and as soon as they will let you out of bed! Progressed to a soft diet yesterday.

Worst part was the sore throat, not being able to have any liquids to soothe said throat and the port coming out.

Best of luck to you! Hoping to lose 160 more pounds. I am almost halfway there! (I'm 5'11'' by the way).

LOVING this thread and seeing all the weight loss from gals with a similar starting weight to me. I'm just 5'5" and my highest weight was 360 giving me a BMI of 60!!!! I lost 30 pounds a while ago and managed to keep it off and am working hard to lose weight prior to surgery. I hope to be 290 or less on my surgery date. I'd love to weigh 160 which was my weight in 6th grade but realistically I'll be happy with 190. Good fortune to us ALL!

My highest BMI was 64. I was 230lbs in 6th grade. Today my BMI is 45. We can do it!

I'm about 6 weeks out now. My starting weight was right about where you are. My recorded heaviest was 379 (though I was definitely well over 380 at my biggest I just don't know how much) I lost 20lbs before surgery and had surgery at 359. Today I'm 323 and feel awesome! I've lost 36lbs since surgery and 56 all together. Good luck to you :)

When was your surgery? I am also 320 and loving life!

Hello all!!!! I was sleeved 10-29-12. Surgery weight 342lbs. 5'6" tall. As of last week I'm 294lbs!!!!!!! Haven't been below 300's in probley 10 yrs or more. Best of luck on everyone's journey!!!!

I am currently looking for a Dr to start the process of getting the sleeve. Need to know what I need to do and what to expect. HELP IN CARTERSVILLE GA. PLEASE MESSEGE ME OR REPLY. DONT REALLY KNOW HOW THIS FORUM WORKS.

[ATTACH]7472[/ATTACH]

post-47503-13813661717491_thumb.png