Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lopez/pv, Garcia/tj. ?

Decisions! I feel that either surgeon is perfectly skilled and wonderful but now I'm down I these 2. I think. Lol

I like the idea of puerto Vallarta though. If I go there, how do you get across the border? Do you fly or does the driver drive you that entire way? Seems like a very long trip.

Also, What hospital and hotel are in Puerto Vallarta?

You have to fly into PV, but it looks like it's beautiful. I considered getting it done there, but I'm going with TJ because it's closer to home, which means a shorter flight. I am worried about a long flight because blood clots/DVT are a risk when flying long distances even if you haven't had major surgery.

You do also know that you can have Dr. Lopez in TJ, right?

Gah! Here's also any surgeons that work out of Mexicali or Monterrey, That would mean a much shorter flight for me straight from Missouri to Dallas I assume, Instead of Kansas City to Dallas to San Diego. That would make me feel awesome, since this is my first time flying.

Im a mess. Im getting disgruntled trying to choose. I wish I was like those awesome people who can make a decision and stick to it.

You have to fly into PV' date=' but it looks like it's beautiful. I considered getting it done there, but I'm going with TJ because it's closer to home, which means a shorter flight. I am worried about a long flight because blood clots/DVT are a risk when flying long distances even if you haven't had major surgery.

You do also know that you can have Dr. Lopez in TJ, right?[/quote']

I know!!! Does dr Lopez work with Ready 4 a Change? I'd like to stick with alma. I'd call her bit gosh I don't want to bother her. Thank you for the reminder. About blood clots, my uncle had a pulmonary embolism and my mother had a blood clot in her leg when she was pregnant with me. Scary stuff

I will definitely be sporting those stylish compression stockings!! Lol ;)

It's good to take your time to make such an important decision--there are lots of factors to weigh. If you do decide to take a longer flight, just be sure to get up and walk the length of the plane every hour or so. I personally want a non-stop flight, especially for after the surgery because I don't want to deal with potentially/probably being sore and making my way through an airport for a connecting flight, even if I do get someone to wheel me in a wheelchair, as suggested. Btw, flying is really safe (and fun, IMO), so don't worry about that part.

I am not sure if Dr. Lopez works with Ready 4 a Change and I can understand being attached to a good coordinator, but I ultimately decided on A Lighter Me because of the reviews I read here comparing the 2 (basically that the A Lighter Me drivers are more attentive/accommodating while you're there). I can't remember--when are you thinking about having surgery? Take your time making up your mind--it is a big decision.

Oh I'm not Comitted to alma. Lol. Can you renind me who your coordinator is, and do you have contact info for her?

I don't know that there are any straight flight options for me. I'm in MO and I have to fly to Dallas, I believe it was, and then San Diego. Do correct me if I'm wrong!! Maybe a Monterrey or Mexicali dr are more suitable for me. I'd much prefer a straight flight.

I can't have surgery until we get taxes. We're broke now. Lol

I'm broke until after the holidays, so I understand.

My coordinator is Ronda and she's been really great. Her info:

ronda@alighterme.com

877-765-THIN (8446) ext 32

801-754-9881 (direct)

I've talked with both Ronda and Janese... They are both really nice! :) and Dr. Lopez only books through alighterme I believe. I also want a non stop flight... I don't want to deal with layovers and all that stuff.

Does anyone know if there is a sleeve surgeon across the border of TX that is around 5-6k? Dr Rodriguez does, and he and Aceves were recommended to me by Susan, who works with dr Alvarez. Confused yet?

Dr. Rod is 7,500 though. *banghead*

I really should probably just pick one and go, really. I probably don't have a choice but to deal with layovers.

I think you should really be concerned about the surgeon you pick and his credentials and history with this surgery. Where/how far/ how long a flight will mean nothing if you are dead!!

Just saying it doesn't matter how long your flight is you can get a blood clot on a one hour flight or a 10 hour flight: no difference.

I think you should really be concerned about the surgeon you pick and his credentials and history with this surgery. Where/how far/ how long a flight will mean nothing if you are dead!!

Just saying it doesn't matter how long your flight is you can get a blood clot on a one hour flight or a 10 hour flight: no difference.

While I agree that the main concern should be on the quality of the surgeon, there is greater risk of blood clots with longer flights simply because you are in a pressurized cabin for longer and people typically don't get up and move around much on airplanes.

HI I had sugery on Oct 20 in Puerto Vallarta with Dr Lopez. Hotel is Casa Magna Marriott. Hospital is big and new about 20 mins from your hotel. You get compressions put on prior to the surgery. Nurses were wonderful if i needed something it was done fast. As soon as your able after surgery walk, i was up about half hr after I was brought back to my room. Im from Canada so I was worried about clots. The hotel is amazing, just walk lots, i had Jello there and it was enough for three meals so i took back to room. They also have broth which is very good. Karen, Dr Lopez's assistant is wonderful and she'll help you wit anything you need. I stayed a couple extra days and I was fine, no problems just a little heartburn that was gone after meds were given. I went thru Alighter me with Janese, everybody was wonderful and helpful so glad I went to Puerto Vallarta.

HI I had sugery on Oct 20 in Puerto Vallarta with Dr Lopez. Hotel is Casa Magna Marriott. Hospital is big and new about 20 mins from your hotel. You get compressions put on prior to the surgery. Nurses were wonderful if i needed something it was done fast. As soon as your able after surgery walk, i was up about half hr after I was brought back to my room. Im from Canada so I was worried about clots. The hotel is amazing, just walk lots, i had Jello there and it was enough for three meals so i took back to room. They also have broth which is very good. Karen, Dr Lopez's assistant is wonderful and she'll help you wit anything you need. I stayed a couple extra days and I was fine, no problems just a little heartburn that was gone after meds were given. I went thru Alighter me with Janese, everybody was wonderful and helpful so glad I went to Puerto Vallarta.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience--it's really reassuring.