Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Experience With Oregon Or Washington Surgeons?

Hello! I am looking for anyone who can provide suggestions for experienced surgeons in Washington or Oregon with excellent stats. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts/advice as I search out the right surgeon for me! :) (Because of not having weight records with my PCP (as required for insurance coverage), this could be a LONG wait for me, but after giving up because of that, I have come to the conclusion that it is better to go ahead and, if it takes two years, that is better than just remaining like this for the rest of my (probably shortened) life.)

Thanks in advance!

I;m going to Legacy Good Sam in Portland Oregon

Thanks debi! Have you seen them yet? What research did you do? They are one that I am seriously interested in based on my insurance company's list. Plus, I love Portland and wouldn't mind visiting there a few extra times per year. ;)

Yes I have and loved it they have a certificate of excellence for the past 5 years.I live in

Vancouver WA and so they made me 2 to 3 appointments on the same day witch I loved saved me a lot of trips.

My surgery was repaired by Virginia Mason in Seattle. I've spent several years in and out of hospitals with my son, so I am a total hospital snob! I will never have any work done that isn't done at Virginia Mason. Their bariatric group is in Seattle and they have Satellite offices (I go just outside of Tacoma and am seeing their bariatric head of staff). Love them!! I really can't say anything more than they saved my life using new technology that would have been unavailable elsewhere. The hospital stay was long (22 days) but that was due to complications from the first surgery (they did not do that one). Honestly...I'd not go anywhere else myself!

Hello! I am looking for anyone who can provide suggestions for experienced surgeons in Washington or Oregon with excellent stats. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts/advice as I search out the right surgeon for me! :) (Because of not having weight records with my PCP (as required for insurance coverage), this could be a LONG wait for me, but after giving up because of that, I have come to the conclusion that it is better to go ahead and, if it takes two years, that is better than just remaining like this for the rest of my (probably shortened) life.)

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am an Oregonian and I have done ample research for our area. I researched OHSU, and was not too impressed- but have tons of information. I have the binder of information you get when you become a patient and attended the information session.

Next was Legacy Good Samaritan, with Dr. Halpin. In this office I did my 6 month medically supervised weight loss (per my insurance company) and got all my pre op work done. I have worked with the nuts, pt, and psychologist in the office. I have also had a consult with Dr. Halpin she claims to have done 50-100 sleeves. My surgery date was Nov 13th, but changed my mind about Dr. Halpin for two reasons. 1. my gut told to go with my surgeon of choice (Dr. Patterson). 2. After talking to my PCP whom I have been with for 15 years my mind was made up. My PCP pretty much said if you have the chance go to Dr. Patterson, she is the bariactric guru and well known around the world for her work and training.

So, last minute I cancelled my November 13th surgery and changed to Dr. Patterson. I have met her and feel VERY confident. Dr. Patterson has her own practice called Oregon Weightloss Surgery (OWLS). She has done 3,000 (no that's not a typo) bariatric procedures.

So, I have met and have an idea of what Dr. Halpin and Dr. Patterson are like. If you want more specific details I would love to chat. You can send me a private message or reply. :)

Hello' date='

I am an Oregonian and I have done ample research for our area. I researched OHSU, and was not too impressed- but have tons of information. I have the binder of information you get when you become a patient and attended the information session.

Next was Legacy Good Samaritan, with Dr. Halpin. In this office I did my 6 month medically supervised weight loss (per my insurance company) and got all my pre op work done. I have worked with the nuts, pt, and psychologist in the office. I have also had a consult with Dr. Halpin she claims to have done 50-100 sleeves. My surgery date was Nov 13th, but changed my mind about Dr. Halpin for two reasons. 1. my gut told to go with my surgeon of choice (Dr. Patterson). 2. After talking to my PCP whom I have been with for 15 years my mind was made up. My PCP pretty much said if you have the chance go to Dr. Patterson, she is the bariactric guru and well known around the world for her work and training.

So, last minute I cancelled my November 13th surgery and changed to Dr. Patterson. I have met her and feel VERY confident. Dr. Patterson has her own practice called Oregon Weightloss Surgery (OWLS). She has done 3,000 (no that's not a typo) bariatric procedures.

So, I have met and have an idea of what Dr. Halpin and Dr. Patterson are like. If you want more specific details I would love to chat. You can send me a private message or reply. :)[/quote']

I am so glad you decided to go to Dr. Patterson! Are you going to be at the surgery center or the hospital?

I am a surgical nurse from the Portland area. I was sleeved on 10/10 with Dr. Patterson. I did a lot of resurch before my sleeve from local Doctors and nurses and they all agree Dr. Patterson is a talented sugeon and strong patient advocate. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her staff. Personally, I am 20lbs down since day of surgery and couldn't be happier!

I am so glad you decided to go to Dr. Patterson! Are you going to be at the surgery center or the hospital?

I am a surgical nurse from the Portland area. I was sleeved on 10/10 with Dr. Patterson. I did a lot of resurch before my sleeve from local Doctors and nurses and they all agree Dr. Patterson is a talented sugeon and strong patient advocate. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her staff. Personally, I am 20lbs down since day of surgery and couldn't be happier!

Hello!!!

Glad to hear from you!!! How are you doing!? Congrats on the 20lbs!!

Yes! I am so excited for Dr. Patterson too!!! I had my consult and feel SO great about her!!! I am going for the hospital!!

I am locked out of MFP and I need to open a new account!!! I am on my pre op diet still! Long story short.. phone issues.. getting a new iphone5

Best,

Sannah

Hello!!!

Glad to hear from you!!! How are you doing!? Congrats on the 20lbs!!

Yes! I am so excited for Dr. Patterson too!!! I had my consult and feel SO great about her!!! I am going for the hospital!!

I am locked out of MFP and I need to open a new account!!! I am on my pre op diet still! Long story short.. phone issues.. getting a new iphone5

Best' date='

Sannah[/quote']

Boo phone issues! Mine is being a pain right now too!

So glad you were able to work everything out! I hope your pre-op diet is going well. It feels so nice to have a full stomach after 1/4 cup now! Let me know about your MFP.

Boo phone issues! Mine is being a pain right now too!

So glad you were able to work everything out! I hope your pre-op diet is going well. It feels so nice to have a full stomach after 1/4 cup now! Let me know about your MFP.

I am going to be getting a new iphone5. So annoying to have a new device that doesn't work properly. As soon as it arrives I will be back on mfp. I will message you on here with my new name.

I too am a patient of Dr. Patterson. She is incredibly efficient. That woman blows my mind. I've had two procedures with her. VSG in July and a abdominal hernia repair last week (from csection not VSG).

I've been working with her office since January. Highly recommend this practice. No complications. Great follow up. She really listened to some feedback and made changes. While a guru for sure, still humbled by her patients. Great doctor and surgeon.

My relationship with Good Sam hasn't been as involved; still, great nursing staff. No complaints. Things went very smooth.

What are your specific questions?

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

I am pre op with MacColl-Colin-Headshot-120x165.jpg

Colin MacColl, MD at the oregon bareatric center in springfield , he does all his suregries at sacrad heart medical center at river bend , it is a coe and almost all the doctors you need to see are in the same building, he also has done thousands of surgeries , I go to all the support groups and almost everyone is doing great , he does band, vsg, and rny, he has a band himself and other members of his staff also are wls patients, so they all understand what where going through, he also excepts oregon health plan