Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Until Surgery & I'm Weirding Out!

Since May I've been jumping through Aetna's hoops & researching, reading and researching some more. I was so focused and confident (and lost 16 lbs. on my own!). Now surgery is only 4 days away & I'm an emotional mess!!! Crying at the drop of a hat, short-tempered and just all over the place!! I have no 2nd thoughts, so what is wrong with me?!?!

I'm the exactly the same! My surgery is on the 15th and can't wait but the stress is getting to me!! Hope things get better, but please believe you are not alone!

Could it be your pre-op diet? The diet is quite a change for out bodies.

I kept reminding myself of my reasons for choosing to have the surgery--various health and quality of life factors. That settled me down.

I'm on the 15th as well!!

No pre-op diet for me (thank goodness!) so I can't even blame the crazy on that. LOL

I'm not having 2nd thoughts at all. I just feel "amped up" and jittery and overly emotional. I've had surgery before (and even with my surgeon!) so it's not that either.

Can't put my finger on it. Such a weird feeling! Helps to know I'm not alone though! ;)

If any one believes in God..I think prayer is key..I'm gonna go hit my knees and pray right now..because I've been feeling out myself and I forgot that God leads me..sometimes I forget that everything is gonna be okay as long as I have faith ..silly me..I'm gonna give it to God..and stop stressing;)

I hear you guys, totally! My surgery is in about 3 hours ! (ahhhhh!) last week I was crying, snippety toward my coworkers, a beast toward my daughters and a b---h to my wonderful hubby! No one could escape my wrath!! I think it's stress, diet, fear and anxiety - all fighting with our heart and soul which is saying, THIS is happening, I DO deserve it, and it WILL work!! We've spent our lives, at least I have, pleasing others putting ourselves last -it goes against who we are to focus on ourselves so intently. But focus we shall and with the grace and love of God we can and will achieve our dreams! Back if Satan- I've got this!!! Amen!!! ;)

Hi I've not written get, just been looking around as only found this app yesterday. I'm 5 days out from the op. 17th oct, I too been so up and down emotionally, well that's until I sat in a plastic chair in public today and it broke. I totally stacked it sprawled in the ground, my partner and daughter were shocked I totally died of embarrassment but this incident has sealed the deal. Thank god for the op, im tired, depressed and sick of heaviness. I'm now taking photos of my "obeseness" (like low face shots cos of the chins) as im now happy for the op and the support. But I'm still scared only as my 2yr old needs me. Goodluck everyone!!! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you ;0)

Good luck..!!you will be fine!..I'm sorry for that embarrassing moment..mine was getting on a plane and the seat belt not fitting and not being able to pull the tray down all the way in front of me. I made a joke of it like normal..but it really does suck..my surgery is Nov.7im freaking too..but I hit my knees and prayed this morning..I have to remember that I have to have faith..you'll be OK! Keep us updated!!

I'm feeling wushu-washy today, too. Maybe it's the stars ;) not PMS, bc that was last wk. Lol the only thing I can say is that NOW, it's real. I've been "toying" with this idea for years but once the exams & appts & referrals started rolling through, the clock started counting down... And it's SCARY! one of my biggest issues is that this is NOT NATURAL. I'm not overly spiritual about my physical body, but it's a little weird to think that I'm going to hack myself up just to make life easier, regardless of the outcome. I think the bad stories here, & the vapid bitterness connected to them is adding to my own anxiety. I'm just committing to more meditation & ignoring the negatives.

I say go with your gut. But, it's normal to have some nervous energy, I'd think.

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

From someone on the journey, post-op, it's very natural to stress, have anxiety, freak out, be nervous, etc... IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL!!!! You are about to make one of the biggest decisions of your life. This is not to be taken lightly. We who have already been through it completely understand. We are here for you, in good times & bad. Take a deep breath, relax & ask any questions you seem fit. Best of luck on your journey. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

I cannot wait till I am 4 days from surgery. I will find out on 25 October when I will have a sleeve revision. Good luck and keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

If any one believes in God..I think prayer is key..I'm gonna go hit my knees and pray right now..because I've been feeling out myself and I forgot that God leads me..sometimes I forget that everything is gonna be okay as long as I have faith ..silly me..I'm gonna give it to God..and stop stressing;)

That's right, let go and let God. He got you. I had my surgery yesterday and that's whay I did. I prayed about and a calmness and peace came ova me. I go home in the morning. I will be praying for you.

Hi I've not written get' date=' just been looking around as only found this app yesterday. I'm 5 days out from the op. 17th oct, I too been so up and down emotionally, well that's until I sat in a plastic chair in public today and it broke. I totally stacked it sprawled in the ground, my partner and daughter were shocked I totally died of embarrassment but this incident has sealed the deal. Thank god for the op, im tired, depressed and sick of heaviness. I'm now taking photos of my "obeseness" (like low face shots cos of the chins) as im now happy for the op and the support. But I'm still scared only as my 2yr old needs me. Goodluck everyone!!! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you ;0)[/quote']

I feel your pain. I broke a toilet seat once and knew I would never live it down!