Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Weeks Out, Still Having Issues

Sleeved 7/9, almost 8 weeks out. I still can't get fluids, Protein in. I am always full after just a few ounces,.

Had ann EGD & an Esophageal motility test done 8/28. It showed food is not emptying from my stomach. The GI doc now wants me on a "gastroparesis" diet. No fresh fruit or vegs, lots of blended foods. I also have a follow up with him 9/18.

I probably only get about 16-24 ounces of fluids in daley & just some Soup once or twice a day. It is a big struggle. My weight today was 168 so I'm losing. Just hard because I get so weak & tired.

I had no health issues prior to my surgery..Not sure why this happening & I'm getting scared.

I forgot to say I'm also a revision. Band placed 2007, lost about 60lbs but had issues with sliming, not being able to eat meat, salad, veggies so it was removed in 2010.

I gained back 40 lbs & then was sleeved 7/9/2012.

I wonder if having the band prior to the vsg has aided to the complications? I am sorry to hear about you issues that have been happening. I know that without those complications I had issues for the first 2-3 months with getting anything down and keeping up with the liquids. Hopefully they will be able to fix the problem soon, and you will be on your way to a healthier you! ((hugs))

Sorry this is happening to you. I hope things will get better for you soon.

Just follow your doctor's orders. He will know how to take care of whatever complication you are having.

Do you have a Protein drink that you like? I was on Protein drinks for months after surgery while I learned to eat. I could only eat 2-4 bites for months, so I survived on Protein Drinks. You're going to need to constantly be taking small sips of liquid Protein and other fluids.

Ok, an update.. Since I was feeling so sick on Thursday, had chills, diarrhea, low grade fever, the GI doc wanted me to do a stool sample again. I was hospitalized in early Aug for C Diff, a bacterial infection. Thy think I got it when I was in Mexico for my surgery.

Wel I got a call on Saturday from the on call gi doc & my C Diff is back.. I'm now on more antibiotics & he said I might have to be seen by an infectious disease doc.

It feels like I have the flu, achy, not hungry, no energy.

maybe when I actually get rid of the infection, I will feel better. I can't believe Im going through this, never thought I would be the one to have issues.

Thanks for all your replys!

Oh my goodness!! I hope you feel better soon.

Hang in there! You WILL get better, I just wanted to tell you that because I was sick with an infection for a year and a half... I really almost gave up but I didn't and I am better. I just want you to know that this isn't forever, you'll get better.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!,

Stay STRONG!!!!!

hello! Well I still have issues.. still have my c diff infection & am antibiotics! I am seeing an infectious disease doc who has advised I may need a fecal transplant if this is not cleared up by December. It sounds gross but they do it during a colonoscopy..

I still have food issues but seem to be able to get more food down, still have problems with liquids. I'm also scheduled for an EGD with a holter monitor 12/5. Still have heartburn issues.

My weight is 153 which is the lowest I have ever been & have had fun buying new clothes! I just wish I didn't have all the health issues.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thank you for the update. Glad you are making progress to recover your health. My thoughts are with you. Keep us posted.