Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm about 4 months from surgery. Today just the thought of a liquid diet makes me nauseous. I really want surgery but feel like I'm going crazy. Has anyone else felt this way?

I think that we all have that 'holy crap, what am I thinking' moment at some point during pre-op. We think of all the horrible things that could happen, and think, 'I will be that 1 person that this doesn't work for'.

I would worry if you WEREN'T having those thoughts. It means that you're normal and are trying to know everything you can before you go through with it.

Truth is, even after surgery, you will have days (mostly in the first month or so) where you think this was the biggest mistake you ever made. But, trust me, once your body heals, as long as you are doing what you're supposed to, you will love your sleeve.

And, yes, the liquid diet sucks. But, it doesn't last forever, and, you'll have other things on you mind anyway. It actually goes pretty fast and when you get to soft foods, life is good.

And hey, I started work with my NUT on April 1st of this year at 373 lbs (I'm 5'6"), I had surgery on June 5th, now, I'm still 5'6" but standing at 273 feels a lot better. I still have a way to go, but, i have all the tools I need to get there. And soon, so will you.

My surgeon and NUT told me to do liquid for 4 weeks following surgery. After reading this board, I know now that they were being conservative, but they really wanted my stomach to heal properly. Whatever...each surgeon seems different. Blah. But I did do it. I had only liquid for 4 weeks. I gritted my teeth the whole time and cursed a lot. I even threatened to rip out my husband's esophagus and strangle him with it if he had another hamburger in my presence.

My first taste of "solid" food was a tablespoon of cottage cheese. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever tasted. I almost cried. Now I look at that hamburger and I don't miss it at all. I would have NEVER, NEVER thought that was possible.

But I did it, and I'm not that strong of a person. It won't be easy. But if I can do it, so can you.

liquid diet blows. The pre-op is horrible and nearly impossible until you get to day 3 or 4.....seems to get easier after that. I am 9 days post-op, and the liquid/pureed stage is way way way easier now. Like it is not even a problem at all. It isn't like you have to do it for months without a tool. A week of the post-op is easier than one day of pre-op. You can do it---and it will sucketh royally at times, but it is not nearly as hard as you think.

I'm about 4 months from surgery. Today just the thought of a liquid diet makes me nauseous. I really want surgery but feel like I'm going crazy. Has anyone else felt this way?

Definitely. I never thought I'd make it through it and here I am 9 weeks post op. Hang in there and remember this time is a very small blip on the screen of life and it is temporary. Trust me, it will be with it. You will love your sleeve.

A week of the post-op is easier than one day of pre-op. You can do it---and it will sucketh royally at times, but it is not nearly as hard as you think.

This comment just made my day more than you could know. I'm on day 4 pre op, 10 to go (fmla;lsdfjsldfkj), currently floating outside of my body.. I. Want. A. Sammich.

But somehow knowing others are supportive, that this could potentially be the worst of it all things considered, and that my few grilled chicken "cheats" in day 1 and 2 isn't the worst things in the world.. makes me feel better. Keep the giggles comin'.

Thank you all for your supportive comments. They really helped.

But somehow knowing others are supportive, that this could potentially be the worst of it all things considered, and that my few grilled chicken "cheats" in day 1 and 2 isn't the worst things in the world.. makes me feel better. Keep the giggles comin'.

Hang in there. I cheated with grilled chicken breast strips nearly the whole time and my surgeon had no issues. Just make sure you stay away from carbs---one carb cheat will make you feel like you are starting over. I tossed in the grilled chicken breast and did enough time on the elliptical to burn any extra calories I had consumed--and still lost 14 pounds. Nutritionist said it probably made me lose more to do it that way. Help--aka your sleeve--is on the way!!!