Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feedback On Dr. Castaneda In Puerto Vallarta

Hi - I am new to the board. Scheduled for surgery on august 23rd with Dr. Castaneda in puerto vallarta. Traveling from Seattle. I don't see him discussed often so hoping someone might be out there that used him.

I feel like I did my research but now I am a little worried. I am using Medical Tourism corporation. Really hoping someone out there has had some experience with him or MTC.

I feel like I did my research but now I am a little worried. I am using medical tourism corporation. Really hoping someone out there has had some experience with him or MTC.

How was your sergury? I am planing on going there also.

It went awesome! I have no regrets about going to Mexico and Dr. Casteneda and Premiere Hospital were both fabulous. The hospital facility is very nice. I had no complications and everything went as planned. Cecelia the coordinator is very helpful and she too has had the surgery. Let me know if there are any specific questions I can answer for you.

I leave in 2 days for the same place, same doctor. Know quite a few people now who have been to the same place and have all good things to say. Glad your sleeve went well. Wish me the same luck. Surgery is Sept. 19/12.

Good luck Crystal! Keep us updated on your journey.

Im so glad everthing went well for you candigirllinwa and im also thankfull you responded . Good luck crystal im right after you my surgery is on the 26th....

Candigirl what hotel did u decide to stay in? How long was your stay?

Crystal wich one r u planing on and how long do you plan in staying?

I had a friend come with me and we stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna. It was a beautiful resort just wish I could have enjoyed it a little bit more (no eating, no swimming, no fruity cocktails). Drove me stir crazy but beat sitting at home....tried to remind myself to enjoy paradise.

I went through Expedia and got the room for 74 a night and it included $50 USD a day resort credit (which kept my friend fed). I arrived on Tuesday, had my Surgery on thursday and flew home the following Tuesday (5 days post op).

The Marriott has very tasty chicken broth through room service.

The one thing I didn't think of before I went is that I was going to have drain tubes (i had 2) until Tuesday. Wish I had brought more loose dresses as they were the most comfortable and easy to maneuver in.

Oh another thing that my friend insisted on was getting wheelchair assistance on my flight home. I was embarrassed and didn't want to do it but it was a great idea. My re-entry into the US was at LAX and it was so nice to be rushed through customs and immigration. And they help you with your luggage too.

Where are u both traveling from?

I live n dallas tx,

I actualy will be traveling alone but I do have some family close to pv bout 2-3 hour drive n hopefuly one of my cuzns can go stay with me so I wont b as bored lol.... But I knoe it buetifull ovr there and the Water will be so tempting so haveing some company to distract me would b nice....

Where did you travel from?

Waiting for surgery as I write this. Staying in a rented condo with a group of women who all came at the same time. I'm from Saskatoon, SK, Canada. Wish me luck!

Crystal, I was on the board and thinking of you today. Glad to hear from you. Big day!!! Glad you are there with others. Happy start to your new life day!!!! Look forward to hearing from you after surgery.

Surgery went well. Have my leak tests today and if all is well, I can start the liquid diet. Some tummy pain but nothing major.