Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Weeks And Some Issues.

All was going well till today.

I woke up and was so lightheaded I decided to take the day off.

I pulled myself together to make it to a follow up. I was sure of two things I've lost some weight and my BP was low, maybe time to adjust meds already?

Anyway I am down 40 pounds since the start of my pre-op diet (20 pre, 20 post) and mt BP was 100/60 very low from my norm. (weight July 4th 396, surgery 7/17, today 356)

My meds were adjusted and they took some blood.

As soon as I stood up I hit the floor, blacked out!

I woke up on the floor with a nurse doc and wet wash clothes and a Coke. They made me drink it!

I did feel better but was angry I passed out and angry I had forced a coke.

I have one more week of liquids per surgeon, however pcp suggested I move to mushed ASAP, he said my body is telling me to eat and move past the liquids. But take it slow.

I am frustrated this happened and hate feeling this way. I would rather be in pain than lightheaded and dizzy.

In a nutshell BP is moving sooner than we thought and need to eat more substance.

Btw, blood surgars are normal and I am not diabetic.

Anyone else have this leg of the journey? Waiting a call back from Dr. Nick.

I hope this passes soon.

Thanks!

I pulled myself together to make it to a follow up. I was sure of two things I've lost some weight and my BP was low' date=' maybe time to adjust meds already?

Anyway I am down 40 pounds since the start of my pre-op diet (20 pre, 20 post) and mt BP was 100/60 very low from my norm. (weight July 4th 396, surgery 7/17, today 356)

I woke up on the floor with a nurse doc and wet wash clothes and a Coke. They made me drink it!

I have one more week of liquids per surgeon, however pcp suggested I move to mushed ASAP, he said my body is telling me to eat and move past the liquids. But take it slow.

I am frustrated this happened and hate feeling this way. I would rather be in pain than lightheaded and dizzy.

In a nutshell BP is moving sooner than we thought and need to eat more substance.

I hope this passes soon.

Thanks![/quote']

I am in the same boat you are every time I stand up I get lightheaded or dizzy I can't stand it I'm 2wks out I went back for my post op visit my bp was low also so low she had to take it herself I don't have energy anymore they made me take 10 weeks off of work and I'm getting cabin fever so anyway I'm on purred food be very carful of what you eat chew chew chew this mourning something got stuck and up it came :-(

I'm two weeks out too and I'm dizzy 90% of the time. I'm on full liquids (hopefully moving up to mushies tomorrow when I go to my follow up appt) and I'm very ready to eat something with more texture. I sit here and just get a dizzy feeling in my head and then start to sweat a little. I don't know if its cuz I'm not getting enough fluids in or what. I'm pretty darn close to 64oz a day. Maybe ill get an answer at my appt tomorrow.

I pulled myself together to make it to a follow up. I was sure of two things I've lost some weight and my BP was low, maybe time to adjust meds already?

I hope this passes soon.

Thanks!

I think it sounds like dehydration to me huge problem if your not sipping constantly the first few week. Increase your fluids and see if you don't fill better.

Good Luck

I pulled myself together to make it to a follow up. I was sure of two things I've lost some weight and my BP was low' date=' maybe time to adjust meds already?

I hope this passes soon.

Thanks![/quote']

Congratulations on your weight loss so far

Are you taking B12? ...I know I felt like that when on the hcg diet and the b12 made a big difference. If so I bet it was your bp meds...and once you rebalance you will be fine.

7/17 sleever here. Same problem - dizzy, lightheaded, weak, whole bed was spinning. DW was so concerned she called my NUT who said to move to blended/mush just to get some nutrition in (protein shakes were making giving me diarrhea). Also started sipping on some G2 to replace some of the electrolytes I was losing.

Thanks for the feedback. I am getting my Water in. Having no problem with that. Moving towards some zero vitiaman Water or g2. And moving towards mushies ( thin mushiness) I really didn't notice that the Protein shakes were going through me until I stopped and thought about it. I was focused on not being constipated. Oops.

Hoping tomorrow is better. Ill manage but this sucks!