Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I know I saw contact info somewhere but I can't find it anymore. Ive heard so many good things about him and Omar would like to get info, maybe skip the whole coordinator thing. Thanks : )

What if I am ready to schedule my surgery?

If you are ready to schedule your surgery with Dr. Ramos Kelly, please contact me at (619)793-4869 or (619)955-6771 also my cell # is (619)395-5347 or email me at wls-clinic@hotmail.com for assistance with Omar or Anna!

I want to thank you again for your interest in Weight Loss Surgery and Dr. Ramos Kelly. I am available at any time to answer any and all questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to call! Web: www.wlsclinic.com.

I just took from part of an email I have saved. I'm going to Dr. Kelly 8/23/12.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I thought I had decided on a doc, but I think I'd like to get info from Kelly. Great recommendations and credentials. Ive also had a taste of coordinators and not sure that route is for me. Thanks again and best of luck with your upcoming surgery. : )

You're welcome. I'm pretty excited! And thanks. I wasn't impressed with the coordinator route either. People speak so highly of the coordinator, but THEY aren't the ones performing the surgery! I've spoken with Dr. Kelly. He is very well spoken, and very easy to understand. Good luck on your decision.

I emailed Omar. He is quick to respond! Even though I told him I wouldn't be ready until around march of next year and not to rush(I know he's busy with more immediate patients), he still sent the info and said I could send the info, get approval from Dr. Kelly and tentatively schedule a date immediately. He could have easily put me on the back burner but he didn't. That says alot. Im impressed. Thanks for the info. Im glad I decided to contact him and look into Dr. Kelly.

I made me appt with dr kelly for August 15! Omar has been amazing! He literally responds within minutes! I wish I would have went this route months ago!

Congrats Niki : ) Im happy for you. Im not sure if scheduling 8 mos in advance as Omar suggests is a good move or not lol, seems needless, but on the other hand, a motivator for saving the remaining cash and the feeling of "making progess towards a better me". Just seems weird to have to say I have a date...next year. Lol

Congrats Niki : ) Im happy for you. Im not sure if scheduling 8 mos in advance as Omar suggests is a good move or not lol' date=' seems needless, but on the other hand, a motivator for saving the remaining cash and the feeling of "making progess towards a better me". Just seems weird to have to say I have a date...next year. Lol[/quote']

But once you lock a date down then it becomes "real" you can start planning and counting down and what not. Doesn't matter when the surgery is, but if you have a date then it's really happening!

My situation is similar. I decided in May that I wanted to move forward with surgery, but I knew I wouldn't have any time to recover until mid December.

I dont know exactly what my date is, but like Omar said, the good thing is that you have free pick on which day you want it done! I think its awesome to have so much wiggle room.

I made me appt with dr kelly for August 15! Omar has been amazing! He literally responds within minutes! I wish I would have went this route months ago!

I'll be there the 14th!!!

I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly on the 20th. Dr. Kelly, his wife, and Omar were amazing. They took time to keep interacting with me and checking up on me. Cessy (sp?) gave me a tour of Tijuana prior to my surgery. A few days after, Omar spent several hours with me getting souvenirs, lunch (broth), and roaming around TJ.

Dr. Kelly is a great surgeon. No leaks, minimal discomfort, and I almost feel normal (minus the fact that 5-6 spoons of brothy Soup fill me up).

Just make sure you keep pestering the nurses for pain medication the first day or two. I "tough guy'd" the pain a few times and didn't ask for additional medicine, but I probably should have.

Good luck.

I think there are good parts and shady parts to Tijuana just like any other City. However, I spent my time in the good areas. The hospital and hotel are in nice areas so you should feel comfortable.

The roads in TJ are rough though so do expect to bounce a lot if you go anywhere after surgery. It can get a bit uncomfortable, but never really painful. The shopping areas are great for souvenirs and cheap RX medication. The people seem nice overall. The hotel was amazing - comfortable beds, nice pool area, amazing view from the balcony. And complimentary broth and popsicles. Make sure you also order tea, their hot tea is pretty good.

The hospital was just like a hospital. Maybe not quite state of the art, but everything functioned well and the staff are competent. The nurses and doctors were there anytime I needed something and even came to check on me to see if I was comfortable. Make sure to keep your compression socks, I forgot to take mine.

I'm sure I've left out quite a bit - if you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. I can answer them here in case it helps other people as well.

Inline, thanks for sharing. Its a big deal so its nice to know what to expect throughout the experience. Congrats in getting your spot on the losers bench ; ) best of luck and keep us posted.