Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently on my pre op diet, getting sleeved july 30th, and im from new zealand. I see a lot of people in here all excited to be getting sleeved, I am nervous thinking bout the op day and the complications that go with it, every time i think bout it my tummy turns and my mind runs 100 miles...how would i be on the actual day, feel even worse? but I am excited to think what the future may hold. Anyone else have this feeling?

Sure, everyone has those thoughts, completely natural. I was super nervous too but when I got back to my room after surgery I was kinda laughing to myself " I was so nervous for nothing" Other than feeling a bit sick from the anesthesia, I felt pretty good. You will be fine! Just think of the wonderful future you will have, being healthy and able to do all the things you couldnt before. I feel like a completely new person...and it is awesome! Best of luck to you!

I think being nervous is a good thing. I know I get nervous, and I don't have my approval yet. LoL!!! But Dr Snyder seems to have a voodoo spell over UHC, so don't from what I hear, getting approval with him is pretty smooth. (fingers crossed)

But one thing I have learned from my mom (who had bypass done by him) and others on this forum, is if you are not even the tinyest bit nervous then you might have not fully accepted or understood the reality, risks, and major life changes you are embarking on. Totally normal to be nervous. But you aren't alone. This forum is amazing and the people here are so supportive. Don't dwell, accept being nervous is normal, and picture your first outfit your getting when you hit your goal weights. (every milestone deserves a new outfit, right?) :-)

Peace, love, and jitterbug.

I was exactly like you and if your anything like me, even though everyone says it'll be okay, it still doesn't help and you still be nervous. I was sooooooo extremely nervous but I just prayed and prayed and everything came out amazing. All that worrying and stressing myself out for nothing. There is no reason to get yourself that upset really! I am doing so good right now and im 1 week post op-I've been doing good the whole time-my biggest pain is something thats not even surgery related. Everything is going to be okay! you may be in a little pain and you have meds for that and everything will get better every day

Thank you so much for the replies, it is great to hear from people who have been thru the same thing as I am going through! I just want everything to be over with. But I know I will have to get through some obstacles first, let's hope they aren't too big! Every time I get worried I will just come back to this post and read the awesome support I am getting, thanks again :)

I am in the same boat. Surgery is scheduled for July 25th. Started pre-op diet today but my tummy has been in bunches since I got my date. Nerves are running wild and sending me to the restroom. trying to just think about all the things I will be able to do after and it helps. Good luck! Your not alone!

I'm the 24th July and it's all a reality now. Day 2 of preop diet down, all forms filled in and everything paid for 'gulp'. BUT I just can't wait to see how it's going to change my body and help me change my way of life.