Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Az Sleevers Pre And Post...

Anyone in AZ being sleeved in AZ? (Pre and post) I would like to hear your about your experiences with your doctor and hospitals. I am a pre sleever. I don't have a date yet. I have my last MSWL appt at the end of June and my surgeon is Dr. Podkameni.

I had my surgery with Banner Bariatric Group, With Dr Rob Schuster. I had a great experience at Banner Gateway, the entire staff was great. The floor nurses were very attentive to all my needs, mainly pain and nausea. I am 9 weeks + and am 37 lbs down. I recommend the Bariatric group that Dr Podkemeni is with.

I was sleeved on 6/14 at Gateway with Dr. Schuster and was BEYOND impressed with the Gateway staff. All of the Banner Gateway Docs have great reps and rightfully so, they are very professional. The pre and post op support groups are also an important component of the process.

I as SO apprehensive about the surgery and am beyond happy I made the decision.

Hi my name is Shawn (female). My Dr. is Dr. Pokameni. I am pre-op, I am getting closer each day to my surgery date. I am hoping my date will be in September. I read your post and I feel so much better reading about the hospital experience. I am very excited. I have not been to a support meeting yet. I will do that in the near future. I am meeting with the Dietitian on the 26 of July. I am having problems with my esophagus and that is making things go slower. Next week I have to have a tube put in my nose and ran down my esophagus while I am awake! I will do that that on the 19th. I will be so glad when that is done and I get my results. I've already had an endoscopy and colonoscopy. I have had an apptmt. every week since March!

Good luck Shawn. His staff is awesome. I have some things that are going on that are hindering me getting a surgery date. The staff @ the clinic schecks on me and encourages me to keep going. The insurance co has already approved me, I have to get some of my numbers down from my last labs.

Dear mztialady I am sorry that your surgery has been delayed because of your labs. I will say a prayer for you. I started my journey in March and I still don't have insurance approval and a surgery date. Hopefully it all comes together soon. Thank you so much for writing me. Please let me know when you get your surgery date and I will do the same!

Thanks for the support. I am working hard on it. mRight now I am being treated for H Pylori. I think my next tests will be in Sept. I am hpoing everythingis clear and I get a date in October. What a super birthday presnt to me. Maybe I'll see you in the office sometime.

I went through Dr. Chen at Banner Bariatrics. The staff is first rate and helped me work through all ins problems. The hopistal stay was also top notch. Very attentive nurses who were very sweet. I would recommend Banner to anyone. There is a good reason they are a center of excellence! I was approved July 23rd and had surgery August 6th. I was so impressed with Dr. Chen in the required seminar I specifically requested him. He is carin and gentle. He actually made me feel so much better about myself in my first consult. Cara Codner is a God send! She spent so much time and effort getting me approved when everyone else said my ins wouldn't pay. Donna is a wonderful NUT who is also a fellow sleever. She called me out of the blue today just to check on me. Good luck to you!

I am really happy that I chose this center. The staff is really compassionate and caring. I am a little up tight and hard on myself at times, and they always make me feel better and keep me focused on the successes in my pre op journey, not the failures.