Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Fellow Teachers!

Who else cannot WAIT for this summer?! The past few weeks have been dragging by for me, waiting for school to get out and to have my surgery. I'm not having it until July 10th because I'm going on a family vacation, and then I'm taking a graduate course for two weeks after. But I am aching for summer to get here! Hopefully this will be the summer of our lives =)

I also keep wondering how much I'll have lost by the time we go back in August. I wonder if my kids will notice a difference by then... Next year should be an interesting year for us!

OMG, who are you telling....5 more days, and kids coming to me with issues of other kids looking at them and stuff, its like watching paint dry....

I'm on my pre-op so I'm trying to not let people get under my skin right now....

I bribed my homeroom with a last day of school snack if they are good the next 5 school days!!

Come on June 11th!!

OMG, who are you telling....5 more days, and kids coming to me with issues of other kids looking at them and stuff, its like watching paint dry....

I'm on my pre-op so I'm trying to not let people get under my skin right now....

I bribed my homeroom with a last day of school snack if they are good the next 5 school days!!

Come on June 11th!!

Wow I am so with you guys. June 22nd last day Surgery July 3

I am so with you guys. Watching paint dry is the truth. We don't get out until June 22. I find myself looking at the calendar daily.

Oh my gosh, you guys up north get out so late! Here in Dallas we get out June 1st. Now I feel like a B* for complaining, haha! We must go back earlier than you. We return end of August.

Wow I am so with you guys. June 22nd last day Surgery July 3

May 31 is our last day....lawd if I had to spend my birthday (June 20th) in a classroom, I must really needed the money!!

You guys are funny! The good part is we are out until September after Labor Day sometime.

Hi! Three days left for me! I'm so excited. I had surgery in March. I'm looking forward to working out and trying out new foods and recipes that are sleeve friendly. Hooray SUMMER... Well, I'm teaching summer school- but that's only 4.5 hours a day. I will officially be done DONE in July.

Today was my last day of post planning. I am freeee at last and start my 7 day pre-op tomorrow!!!! WhOOO HOOOOOOO!

Today was my last day of post planning. I am freeee at last and start my 7 day pre-op tomorrow!!!! WhOOO HOOOOOOO!

Congratulations!!!! I'm happy for you! Good luck with your pre-op diet!

My last day is Friday, and my surgery is TUESDAY due to Memorial Day! I too am on pre-op diet, although I cheated tonight. It's my birthday! I have a week of pure liquids, so I hope it will be all good. Like some of the previous statements, I'd be on the news if I had to go til June or July....geeze! We do go back WAY early this year; July 28th! Metro Nashville has decided to try and work and modified year roundish thing. It's all about the hopeless test scores. I sure miss the days when we just taught, and everyone ended up fine. I doubt this mess makes any stronger students. Best I can tell, it has screwed education.

Who else cannot WAIT for this summer?! The past few weeks have been dragging by for me, waiting for school to get out and to have my surgery. I'm not having it until July 10th because I'm going on a family vacation, and then I'm taking a graduate course for two weeks after. But I am aching for summer to get here! Hopefully this will be the summer of our lives =)

I also keep wondering how much I'll have lost by the time we go back in August. I wonder if my kids will notice a difference by then... Next year should be an interesting year for us!

I was just thinking the same thing, Has anything helped? Need ideas

lol, I'm in the middle of a grad class right now, and will be on the 11th (my surgery date) the plan is for me to get 2 weeks of work done before I go into the hospital, I told you that's the plan....we'll see if I can actually stay focused to do it...

Hey guys! Teacher here in PA. I go until June 19th (well, the 14th with kids).

My surgery is for July 16th. I can't wait until school is over. We don't have air conditioning..I work in the city, so it's getting pretty hot and the kids are off the wall!

I'm not a teacher now, but am going back to college to get my teaching degree. I just got my Associates & am starting at a university this fall. I'm from upstate NY originally, so I know all about the Labor Day through 3rd week of June schedule! We now live in Austin, TX and have a last week of August through last week of May/first week of June schedule. My daughters get out this coming Friday (some districts here got out last Friday).

Anyway, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. I did my pre-op diet during finals at college & had surgery on 5/14, which was the Monday after my finals were over. I'm so happy with my decision & rejoice in all the little changes I've gone through so far!

Good luck to everyone!