Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Husband's Sweet Words

I am 9 weeks post op. Down 44 lbs. and gone from an 18 to a 14. I already feel so much better with the weight I have lost. My knees especially. I just wanted to share what my husband Steve said to me night before last when he came in from work. He said "you sure are all dolled up". I asked "what do you mean?" and he replied "you just look so good"...Oh I love that man of mine!! Blessings~Melanie:)

That is so sweet! My DH told me this morning, "Honey, you're getting so skinny"!!!! He said he likes to hug more because I feel smaller in his arms. Gotta love those guys!

Glad to know there are so many GOOD MEN out there! My husband saw me from afar the other day, walked up and said, "I barely recognized you! My incredibly shrinking wife!" :wub:

My DH doesn't use many words but his actions are even better. He has changed his eating habits as well and eats more healthy. But he still eats way toooooo much! I still get kinda grossed out by how much he eats so I just tell him that it freaks me out. Poor guy! But at least he's willing to make some changes. I love a man with words like "your getting skinny!" That's enduring. :P

my hubby says that all the time now! haha

even when I wear just a tee shirt and jeans he says it.....im like...um really, im just in my normal clothes.

he is so jealous now too....driven me nuts. he at least recognizes it is a problem, and he is trying to work it out.

he said he is just a little insecure now since I look so 'HOT" haha

Mine also tells me how proud he is of what I've taken on, the challenges I made it through at my heaviest to taking control of it. He gets it, he's watched me struggle through hormonal changes that expanded my body rapidly. He watched me diet and not lose more than 15 pounds.

He tells me how sad it made him to see how people treated me when I was at my heaviest, and how people treat me even now 60lbs lighter. Some who barely acknowleged me before and so nice to me now, but I'm still obese (by the chart) and get rude treatment. And he's been reading articles about how much discrimination against the obese and overweight is on the rise. Most of it stems from how news media covers stories about how the costs it has on healthcare. Much like most people didn't care about smokers until we realized what a drain it was on our healthcare system. We didn't care about big cars and trucks in the 70s until the environment and gas prices made us pay attention to better options. Now, the obese are targeted much the same way -- and it makes employers, service representatives, total strangers treat us differently.

I love how my hubby makes me feel so special. He now blinks and cut up often. He said to me I love how your body feels. That made my day. :)

my hubby says that all the time now! haha

even when I wear just a tee shirt and jeans he says it.....im like...um really' date=' im just in my normal clothes.

he is so jealous now too....driven me nuts. he at least recognizes it is a problem, and he is trying to work it out.

he said he is just a little insecure now since I look so 'HOT" haha[/quote']

My husband asked me the other day why i was all made up, i was wearing jeans, an Oregon state tshirt(that finally isn't to tight) no make up, hair pulled up as usual, i was like, what are you talking about crazy man I'm wearing a tshirt lol

My SO says ...OOOOO! Skinny winny!!!!

Usually when I'm wearing something not so baggy.

Its silly and it makes me smile.