Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still waiting for final approval from insurance but the surgeon has given me a date. I'm so excited. It is the last day of school for my kids and my mom will be able to come and help. That is huge! It is also far enough in advance from my beach trip on June 20. So excited! Any sleeve sisters and brothers on May 23?

Congratulations!

Thank you! I have to go to a NUT class on May 3rd all afternoon. Of course it is the afternoon of a night I work but that's okay. It is important and I will figure it out.

Now my mom is giving me grief about the surgery being when it is. Seems that while I have been waiting to hear she has been making tons of plans as if this was never going to happen. With three small children I need her help and she will be a big help but she always has to be the martyr for this kind of stuff. When she was caring for her dying mother I could never get a status update on my grandmother without 25 minutes of how hard my mom has worked. And that's fine. Caring for an ill or dying family member is work. But it burns me up to know that as relatives call to ask how I am she will go on and on about how hard it is to watch my three kids for a week and how she had to drop all of these plans to come help. Grrrr.

Well I hope everything gets better with your mother, they can be a handful sometimes......LOL

@irish, she sounds exactly like my Dad!!!

Thanks ladies! I am looking at it like this. I am done having kids, I am on my way to new health and I am determined to not need her for anything like this again. I just look at my beautiful daughter and think if she needed life saving surgery (and my mom does totally agree that this is) then there isn't anything I wouldn't do to help her.

I have made sure to have a different relationship with my kids than I did with my own parents when I was younger...I understand what ur going thru!

I couldn't agree with you more Irish, I have 1 son, and 2 daughters and I would do anything for them, I too have a rocky relationship with my mom and I am determined to do better for my kids.