Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK so tomorrow is my normal weigh-in and from what I can tell I have actually gained weight. (praying it is because its my time of the month within the next few days) I am obsessed with the scale and weigh myself every day ( i know ...; no good ) been eating all the right food... I am just not sure if I am eating too much of the right food. How many calories per day and I am suppsed to have? Please I didnt go thru all of this to not be successful.

You will be successful! Dump that scale. It has nothing good to tell you when you weigh every day. Yes, TOM does make most of us gain a few pounds, but then we drop them plus some right after. Keep on doing what you know you should do and the weight will come off almost like magic! :)

I dont even have a scale at my house !!! but at work there is one and it is so easy just to step on.... i'll just keep working on it and hopefully next week it will show some improvement

Can you put the scale out of sight at your work? That way if you don't see it, you might forget about it. Or, you need to train yourself not to act on the impulse of weighing yourself. Try measuring yourself instead. That is the true tool to show weight loss. How many calories are you eating? Do you have a dietician you can contact? It is really too soon to be panicking about your weight loss. This is the typical time that people go into a stall. No big deal. Just smile and know that it's temporary and that you body is just adjusting in inches. Sit back and enjoy the ride. When you get your "skinniness" back, you will be so proud. But this is a journey and your weight will fluctuate some due to fluids. ;)

Can you put the scale out of sight at your work? That way if you don't see it, you might forget about it. Or, you need to train yourself not to act on the impulse of weighing yourself. Try measuring yourself instead. That is the true tool to show weight loss. How many calories are you eating? Do you have a dietician you can contact? It is really too soon to be panicking about your weight loss. This is the typical time that people go into a stall. No big deal. Just smile and know that it's temporary and that you body is just adjusting in inches. Sit back and enjoy the ride. When you get your "skinniness" back, you will be so proud. But this is a journey and your weight will fluctuate some due to fluids. ;)

I cant put the scale away. Iwork in an emergency room and the thing is bigger than me. I eat between 500-600 calories day. sometimes I go up to 800 max. ( when i am up for 24 hours straight ) I hope so. I weigh and record EVERY bite I take. gonna have to call the dietician on monday

Working in the ER is really a hard job emotionally at times. But just keep walking past the scale and tell yourself it's broken. LOL Your diet seems fine. It is hard to get additional calories in when your stomach is most likely a bit swollen still. Let us know what your NUT says and enjoy today. You are fine. ;)

Working in the ER is really a hard job emotionally at times. But just keep walking past the scale and tell yourself it's broken. LOL Your diet seems fine. It is hard to get additional calories in when your stomach is most likely a bit swollen still. Let us know what your NUT says and enjoy today. You are fine. ;)

thanks....

I am still at 800 calories for the day and if I eat everything I pack will get 84g of Protein for the day. I missed my mark on carbs and fat. (i used whole milk ricotta). getting all my Water in. I just feel like when I pack my luch I would rather pack extra so I dont go to the cafeteria and really blow it.

Lauren, you've lost 42 pounds and if your ticker is right, another 22 pounds since your surgery 27 days ago. You're doing great. Give yourself and your body some time. This is a lifelong journey, not a weekend holiday!

Lauren, you've lost 42 pounds and if your ticker is right, another 22 pounds since your surgery 27 days ago. You're doing great. Give yourself and your body some time. This is a lifelong journey, not a weekend holiday!

Yes my ticker is right. I just get nervous cuz I gained weight this week.

Yes my ticker is right. I just get nervous cuz I gained weight this week.

I understand. I don't know about you, but I have a long history of failure to compete with. Don't worry! We'll be fine!