Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exactly one month ago today I was sleeved....I feel great! I am 21 lbs down as of this morning....I was hoping for more but have had a few stalls along the way :( My first stall was about 2 weeks after surgery but that was due to my period I think....I am trying not to step on a scale everyday, but find this to be more difficult than I thought. I guess its due to the excitement of seeing the scale actually move after years of it not budging. Just wanted to share my anniversay and small but huge to me success! Wishing everyone out there luck in their journey!!!!!! Have a wonderful day and God bless!

Happy anniversary and congrats on doing so well!

21 down in a month sounds fantastic! You should be very happy. I think though you should reduce your weight visits to the scale to one a week. Weighing yourself everyday will do nothing but drive you crazy!!!

Once again, congrats!!!

I kind of feel differently about the daily weigh ins. They help me understand the nature of what my body is doing and how different things effect me. For instance, I can actually feel PMS starting (boobs-ugh!) and then see it on the scale. If I eat out (tends to be salty), I see Water retention on the scale. Maybe it's just me...I take the gains and losses in stride...but frequent weigh ins help me learn and remain accountable. It's more scary, for me, when I avoid the scale.

I agree with the frequent weigh ins. Each week I tell myself ok try to only weigh once and then I wake up 3 days later and I have the urge and most of the time I m pleasantly surprised with a loss. I find it encouraging to weigh 2 times per week it keeps me on track! Congrats on the 21 pounds tha is fantastic!

I am day 27 so right with you. What are you eating now? I have been a slow loser lost 14 since surgery including preop. I did start with a 30 BMi but still. I am able to eat okay now just wanted to know why everyone eats. I may get in 500 cal a day. I try though for more.

1. I am day 27 so right with you. What are you eating now? I have been a slow loser lost 14 since surgery including preop. I did start with a 30 BMi but still. I am able to eat okay now just wanted to know why everyone eats. I may get in 500 cal a day. I try though for more.

Hey Spadesmcloven here is an example of my day, I find if I eat less I don't lose for some reason.....hope it helps!

1. 7a.m. I have a protien shake made with almond milk for Breakfast. (26g protien)
  2. 10-11a.m. I have a snack sometimes a protien bar (atkins snack bars around 10g protien) or lt. string cheese with 4 whole grain crackers
  3. 12-1p.m. lunch small salad with grilled chicken breast, or 1/2 sandwich (turkey breast light mayo, 1 slice lf. cheese on whole wht. bread)
  4. 3-4p.m. snack protien bar (atkins) or yogurt
  5. 6pm dinner whatever I make the family (small portion though) example (grilled steak or chicken, grilled veg. and sometimes a half small baked potatoe)
  6. 8-9 pm I get hungry so I have like beef Jerky or something high in protien
  7. I drink all day long Water, crystal light and have a cup of hot tea in the morning sweetened with truvia. I usually shoot for 64 oz. sometimes I exceed that and sometimes I only hit 50............

10-11a.m. I have a snack sometimes a protien bar (atkins snack bars around 10g protien) or lt. string cheese with 4 whole grain

Lizbeth

congrats on your 1 month anniversary and your weight loss, with many more to come. ;)

I agree that it is very hard to deal with the scale. I've heard some people say they actually step on the scale more than once a day - egads. :(

I was getting on the scale every other day, i finally put the scale in the closet, out of harms way - i do get on the scale now once a week. That works for me. Some people with real patience only go on the scale every 2 weeks, or even once a month

We know that all NUT'S are all different - have their own rules, but....my NUT says to eat only 3 meals a day. No Snacks at all, even though they might be healthy.

She says having Snacks is like grazing, which of course we don't want, and eating snacks and spreading out food during the day and night, is the habit we're all supposed to break. Thats just what MY NUT says.

good luck

kathy

Hi Lizbeth!

I am one month out today - It feels like it's been 6 months! haha

You say you're having salad already? My NUT said to wait - but I REALLY want one! What do you put in your salads? and also sandwiches? I would be so happy with the both of those. I am craving tomatoes for some reason and just miss eating cold, crisp, and fresh food!

I am struggling and I am not eating enough - I am afraid to hurt myself and to try different things.

I too have been craving tomato! I tried salad today and it wasn't good for me. I wound up just eating the 2 oz of chicken and leaving he rest. My stomach has been very cooperative so I can't complain I just would really love a leafy green salad!

If thus was a month ago I would have been craving a big Mac so thank god for small favors.

salad? ??!!!! Oh I would love one. My doc says still be on puréed. I will say though I get dumping a lot when I eat. It's weird. I am going to try to get more creative. Beef Jerky? ?!! I am so jealous. You can eat all the good things....

Hi, I am nearly one month out...I had surgery on 19/3/02. It does seem an eternity! I have lost 11kg since Optifast, but am so busy eating the right things, chewing slowly, sip sip sipping, sucking Vitamins, gagging on endless cups of liquid, I haven't really had time to enjoy and appreciate the weight loss!

I have developed shoulder pain...weird, since I was OK to begin with, and don't have any other signs of the dreaded leak...anyone else have the shoulder pain problem?

Otherwise, great to hear your stories...this has been a great help to me, as I get used to my new body part!post-35842-13813669328119_thumb.png

post-24354-13813658581947_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I am almost a month out as well and chugging right along - loving my sleeve! Keep rockin the sleeve - what a great start!