Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have any taller/younger people have this surgery? I had my initial consultation and am currently still waiting for approval and was wondering if anyone who was my height or closer (I'm 6'1 and weigh 330 lbs) and or close to my age have had the surgery?

I was also wondering if anyone has had kids or thinking about having kids after the surgery? My doc and research says to wait at least a year, but I'd prefer to hear from actual people.

Im a 6'2, 26 yr old female. I just had surgery on friday the 6th. I was 290 before starting the pre-op diet and I was 176 on sat. I havent weighed since then, but I feel very bloated from the gas so im sure im up a few. My goal is 175 and for my height, its on the thinner side. I have a 5 & 3 yr old and would like 1-2 more. I was recently diagnosed w/ pcos and im hoping with some major weight droppage, I will be able to conceive without any help. I don't plan on trying to get pregnant til the beginning of next year. I really want to reach goal before getting knocked up again.

Thank you so much for your response!! I definitely want to loose some weight before I have kids but my husband is super concerned I won't be able to keep up being healthy because I won't be able to eat as normally as I would before surgery. However, I'M more afraid of gestational diabetes, deformanties, and research has shown that autism is starting to associate with heavier woman who have kids. Did you have your surgery here in the states?

No, I had mine done by dr. garcia in TJ, Mexico. Im actually still here at the hotel and fly home tomorrow. before I had my son almost 6 yrs ago, I was 170, fit and very healthy I gained 50 with him, lost it and got married 4 months after giving birth. Gained 15-20, got preg. W/ my daughter end of 2007 at 190ish, got up to 248 at delivery, lost and gained. Did Hcg diet july of 2010 lost 48 lbs, only to gain it all back plus some and ended up at 290. This big gain came from medications, pcos and poor eating habits. Im so glad that I was able to get this surgery(even tho im still in some pain and recovering) b/c I wont have to spend the rest of my life dieting, gaining & losing and just hating my body. Best of luck to you!