Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously. Easter is the worst for this recovering junkie. I was never a volume eater, never really thought i was addicted to food, but i did love my candy! Snickers, Jelly Bellys, Laffy Taffy, bottle caps. An that little pouch that had the candy powder and a stick you could eat, i was in heaven. Willy Wonka was my hero! When Valentines came around i was still feeling the recovery and was just starting solid foods so i didnt dare try to eat it, but Easter is another story. With the return of the Holy Grail of Candy; Reese Peanut Butter Egg i find myself thinking about candy more and more. "Hello my name is Kista and i am a candy junkie". I have for 99.8% of the time resisted i had 3 jelly Beans but my sleeve didnt like them. Then yesterday the Queen of candy (my momma) who can eat a pound of M&Ms and run 5 miles a day, 120 poounds my whole life (grr). Calls me and asks, "Do you want an Easter Basket and what do you want in it" AHHHHH Drug pusher. I told her "no Basket PLEASE!" Im not sure how thats going to go, she has made me a basket for the past 29 years, so i called her back this morning and told her to make me a basket full of makeup. She just laughed at me. Sooooo, i guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out next Sunday, and if i cant resist atleast i know i will be lucky to eat half of a magnificant PB Egg instead of the 6 i usually down on Easter Sunday.

I think I've solved my sweet addiction. I found Clif bars! They are yummy and they are high Protein. I'm in LOVE. ;)

I can relate. I LOVE Easter chocolate, especially those Cadbury mini eggs with the candy coating. I was thrilled when they came out in various forms year round. I must be like your mother and despite my daughters being 23 and 17, I still make easter baskets and fill at least 100 plastic eggs for a hunt. But this year, after they told me they didn't need a stocking full of Xmas candy, I have decided to stop the tradition and acknowledge that they are grown up. What fun that your mother still makes you a basket at age 29. For your sake, I hope she doesn't give you chocolate. It is too hard to resist. There are some things that we should try to resist and I think chocolate may be one of them. When I was doing Atkins, I used to eat the sugarfree chocolate and it was very good. Can't remember the name but it is found in Walmart. I wonder if we are allowed to eat that? It has net carbs of 0. I made muffins last night and out of habit licked the spoon and mmm that batter tasted good. I think I just have to avoid putting myself in situations where I am facing the big, old temptations, at least until I have reached my goal weight and hopefully by then I won't crave those things anymore.

I think I've solved my sweet addiction. I found Clif bars! They are yummy and they are high Protein. I'm in LOVE. ;)

I tried a few flavors before and didn't care for them, but yesterday my boyfriend got the Peanut Butter ones and they are REALLY good!

I'll be stocking up on Easter candy once it goes on sale. I have some coupons for the big bags of Cadbury mini eggs and I'm pondering buying the bags and portioning the contents into Ziploc bags so I don't get carried away with them.

I tried a few flavors before and didn't care for them, but yesterday my boyfriend got the Peanut Butter ones and they are REALLY good!

I'll be stocking up on Easter candy once it goes on sale. I have some coupons for the big bags of Cadbury mini eggs and I'm pondering buying the bags and portioning the contents into Ziploc bags so I don't get carried away with them.

LOL i used to do that, with any holiday, the day after i would be at Walmart bright and early. Forget the portioning though hehe. i love those cadbury minis as well. The list of candy i dont like is a lot shorter than the one i do like (whoppers eww and paydays. How do they call it a candy bar when there is no chocolate? It is an unfinshied baby ruth)

off topic a little, Blackberry juice, i really admire you. I am trying to get in the best shape of my life, i dont know what your start out weight was, but you look incredible and i have lurked around your page reading all your posts :-). Congrats on all your success.

I would call her back and tell her you would like a basket with some lip gloss, Protein Bars, nail polish and a little shaker bottle. ( I love my little shaker bottle)...etc things like that if you offer up those types of suggestions she might be a little more understandable.

off topic a little, Blackberry juice, i really admire you. I am trying to get in the best shape of my life, i dont know what your start out weight was, but you look incredible and i have lurked around your page reading all your posts :-). Congrats on all your success.

Aw, thanks! Good luck to you!