Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings From Tijuana!

I'm here!!! I will be sleeved tomorrow by Dr. Kelly. We arrived at the San Diego airport around 12 and the minute I turned on my phone Ana called to see where we were. She picked us up, Cecilia, Dr. Kelly's wife drove us around San Diego for some quick sight seeing. We checked into the hospital and while we were waiting in the lobby we met Dr. Kelly and he asked if I had any more questions. I asked him if he uses a drain tube (I got kinda freaked out reading about them on here). He doesn't. And I told him I'm the weirdo that wants a pic of my stomach. He remembered and then showed me that he had a picture of the remains of a stomach as the screensaver on his phone lol! We were taken to my room, and Ana told us about places we can go for some food (for my friend). We walked about 3 blocks down to the beach. It was beautiful. There is also a 7-eleven there. We ended up eating at a restaurant across the street from the hospital. I asked for drained Soup, but the broth had so much fat swimming on top of it I didn't eat it. I'm not really hungry, I'm just making sure I drink enough Water. I'm so excited, my surgery is scheduled for 10 am tomorrow. I like it here, felt totally safe and so far every one is great!

YAY!! thanks for posting this!! I will be in your shoes soon (April 16th). I am using a different doctor though... It's funny you mention a pic of your stomach! I was hoping to actually see my stomach!!! LMAO!! Guess we are both freaks!! Oh well.... I was going to go to school for Forensic Pathology so that type of stuff always interests me! :)

btw... I am about an hour from Landover! Right outside Hagerstown! :)

Make sure you post after your surgery! Would love to hear how everything is going!!!

Wishing you allllllll the best!!!!

Emily

Thanks! Yeah I really do want to see and feel my stomach but I knew that would be asking too much lol. I have a pretty strong stomach, I worked with rat parts in grad school and made rat brain smoothies out of them. I will definitely keep posting. I'm so excited! I guess the nerves will hit me when I'm stretched out on the operating table tomorrow.

I want to see my stomach too. My husband thinks I am crazy.

Now you guys are making ME want to see MINE! Dr. Kelly is gonna wonder where we all got this idea! LOL

GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to hear about your experience!!!

Good Luck!See you on the recovery side with the rest of your story.. :)

Hey Sleeve Sister, I'm HOME AND SLEEVED Check out my Video @ http://youtu.be/UwTIHXG8hUk

OH Ask Cecilla to make sure she gives my purple shirt to Nurse Sara, she works the night shift. Kinda heavy set, VERY VERY Sweet Nurse. Tell Sara Thanks so much from Princess and tell Dr Kelly I said hello and remind Ana to email me my pic from San D... feel free to call me if you wanna chat 817-723-0422. Hope to talk to you soon. Have a speedy recovery. I'm sure you will :)

I'm here!!! I will be sleeved tomorrow by Dr. Kelly. We arrived at the San Diego airport around 12 and the minute I turned on my phone Ana called to see where we were. She picked us up, Cecilia, Dr. Kelly's wife drove us around San Diego for some quick sight seeing. We checked into the hospital and while we were waiting in the lobby we met Dr. Kelly and he asked if I had any more questions. I asked him if he uses a drain tube (I got kinda freaked out reading about them on here). He doesn't. And I told him I'm the weirdo that wants a pic of my stomach. He remembered and then showed me that he had a picture of the remains of a stomach as the screensaver on his phone lol! We were taken to my room, and Ana told us about places we can go for some food (for my friend). We walked about 3 blocks down to the beach. It was beautiful. There is also a 7-eleven there. We ended up eating at a restaurant across the street from the hospital. I asked for drained Soup, but the broth had so much fat swimming on top of it I didn't eat it. I'm not really hungry, I'm just making sure I drink enough Water. I'm so excited, my surgery is scheduled for 10 am tomorrow. I like it here, felt totally safe and so far every one is great!

Thanks for posting. I'll be there today. I'll look for you. Sad about the bad tasting broth :( I'm bringing some Ramen noodle seasoning packets (high salt though!).

Hi everyone. Sarah just got me up so I can shower and she can prep me for surgery. I'm scheduled for 10 am. Annnnnnd my period was 6 days late and decided to come on just now. Fml! I am the only patient today. I had my chest X-ray last night and just gave a urine sample. I will keep u all posted!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So Dr. Kelly just came by and said there was miscommunication about my surgery time yesterday. It's not at 10 am it's at 2 pm. Pooh! So I have 4 hours and 45 more minutes to wait.

Just landed in San Diego. Driver running a bit late but I got a phone call from Ana letting me know.

Ok, see ya soon!!

Hi everyone. Sarah just got me up so I can shower and she can prep me for surgery. I'm scheduled for 10 am. Annnnnnd my period was 6 days late and decided to come on just now. Fml! I am the only patient today. I had my chest X-ray last night and just gave a urine sample. I will keep u all posted!

I'm sure you are sleeved by now. I hope it was uneventful and you woke up with NO nausea! I didn't have any but my poor sister was miserable. Sarah was such a great nurse, so sweet! Tell Dr Kelly Dianne and Kristy say hello! Now its time for you to start walking that hallway! :)

Hi everyone I'm sleeved! Woo hoo! My friend said I was gone for about an hour and a half. Everything was a blur. I dont even remember being in recovery. I just remember being very nervous and getting the injection in my arm and it hurt. I'm thinking oh crap if this injection hurts I'm going to be so sore when I wake up. I remember my eyes crossing and saying its working then laughing then I was out cold. I remember moving myself over to my bed. I didn't feel any pain just nausea. I felt like I had to hurl. They have been pumping me full of meds. Dr. Kelly came by and gave me my camera. He took two pictures of my stomach for me. It looked huge. He said last night was the worst part and I will feel better in the morning. So far I have taken two walks and had ice and Water. The Water doesn't hurt going down but it does gurgle.

i want to see the pics of your stomach!!! :)