Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea With Vitamins

I can't seem to prevent the nausea, even went I take food with them. I drink my Protein Shake first. I wait a few minutes and then take my Multi-Vitamin, Calcium, and Fiber therapy capsules at the same time. Then I eat a little something just to have real food on my stomach. And I still get a little nausea/sour stomach feeling a few minutes later. It really tempts me to not take my Vitamins, but I know I must. Anybody else have this problem?

Taking Vitamins have been challenging for me. Like you, when I take 3 at the same time I get nauseous. Somehow I have been fine with 2. I don't eat after. I keep drinking fluids until my next snack or meal. It's a pain having to space them out so much, but as you know, nausea sucks. :-) Good luck!

I have a similar problem with my Vitamins making me nauseous. I really hate it!! I take Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins and a B12 sublingual. I can pretty much guarantee I will feel awful when I take them for about 20 minutes. Then I get over it. I am not sure why this happens even after taking them with food. So gee that was helpful, right? I look forward to hearing from others on this one. I am going to try switching to a different one . maybe that will help!

I only take capsules only which seem to help, but I take the when I'm drinking my Protein Drink. ;)

I have no problems with Vitamins, but Protein Shakes make me sick! :-) Have you tried taking your vitamins at bedtime? That's when I take mine, and I have no troubles with them at all.

I had the same issues with nausea and vomiting. The chewables, liquid and capsules all made me ill. My solution approved by my doctor was fiber gummies, Flintstone Chewables with Iron, B12 dissolvable under the tongue, calcium chews. The only tablets I take are my acid and depression medicine. My Vitamins I take twice daily, morning and evening. In the morning and evening I drink two cups of milk which takes me approx two hours to drink. During this time I space out my vitamins. My concern is making sure I get my vitamins everyday and this works very well for me.

This is a huge challenge for me as well. OMG, I hate those Vitamins. I have not been taking them as I should because of the nausea. I do okay getting them in most days though.

I was told to space them out. I take them with some food, like a spoonful of cottage cheese. The chewable Multivitamin is the worst.

I am switching to the liquid vitamins and gummies when I am done with the bariatrics. I can't commit to taking more of these things.

I have a multi, Calcium, Iron, B12, b1, d3... And a layout the dr suggested, multi, calcium(chew) ,& d3(chew) after bfast, then B12(chew),b1(chew) & iron (chew), after lunch, then another multi and calcium after dinner an one more calcium before bed.

Important fact- do not take iron or calcium at same time as they xcl each other out & you will get naseua.

I only have the multi capsule that's not chewable and my first day I was sick to my stomach all day after taking it.

I now take it while actually swallowing food. Best for me is either in my spoon of activia or nf cottage cheese.< /p>

The calcium chew is really big and sorta bitter so I try to take small bites of that along with bites of foods too.

No more nausea now!

I have found that taking my Vitamins right before bed helps immensely. I have done this basically my whole life - they've always made me nauseous. However, something about taking them and then laying down to sleep changes that. Might wanna give it a try :)

I have a multi, Calcium, Iron, B12, b1, d3... And a layout the dr suggested, multi, calcium(chew) ,& d3(chew) after bfast, then B12(chew),b1(chew) & Iron (chew), after lunch, then another multi and calcium after dinner an one more calcium before bed.

I don't have room for them after Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Do you mean after you wait an hour after meals?

I have found that taking my Vitamins right before bed helps immensely. I have done this basically my whole life - they've always made me nauseous. However, something about taking them and then laying down to sleep changes that. Might wanna give it a try :)

Sorry for being so specific but I wonder if you go to to bed IMMEDIATELY or if you wait a bit. I fear reflux.

Ravenjeh, hope these questions help you too. I'm not trying to hijack your post. ;)

No don't wait. I take them after I've started thy specific meal, per my dr's instructions. I take them with those specific meals so thy can go down earlier. It takes a while for the Vitamins to absorb so if you take them all at one youre not getting full benefits.

I eat a mini babybel cheese most mornings just before taking my Vitamins. Then I usually wait an hour or so before eating Breakfast because that's my preference. I haven't had any nausea problems, and I'm super sensitive to the Iron.< /p>

Sorry for being so specific but I wonder if you go to to bed IMMEDIATELY or if you wait a bit. I fear reflux.

Ravenjeh, hope these questions help you too. I'm not trying to hijack your post. ;)

Pretty much just right away - take my Vitamins, go to the bathroom brush my teeth and i'm in bed :) No reflux issues here at all.

I can't seem to prevent the nausea, even went I take food with them. I drink my Protein shake first. I wait a few minutes and then take my multi-Vitamin, Calcium, and Fiber therapy capsules at the same time. Then I eat a little something just to have real food on my stomach. And I still get a little nausea/sour stomach feeling a few minutes later. It really tempts me to not take my Vitamins, but I know I must. Anybody else have this problem?

hi Raven et a ,unfortunatly I take a multitude of medicine AM PM pills - not sleeve related - am only mentioning this cuz i deal w/many styled AM & PM medicine (I could write abook LOL) dealing with differant styles and tastes of differnt meds

anyway back to subject- i also take all my medicine after after my thick Protein Shake in AM - since shake coats the stomach. Does anyone still take that liqid med (don't rmember name) i think its also meant to coat stomach -tomorrow, easing the horrible meds we all have to take? i see my NUT tomorrow, so i'll ask her.

the chewble bariatric pill is very thick, i take one am & 2 pm i'm supposed to get 3 total, cuz total i know i woudn't remember the middle one durning the afternoo so I take two PM. I'm lucky that thick chewabal Bariatric Vitamin doesn't taste bad to me - kind of like the Protein Shake doesn't bother me either. So in other words- the only pill i take that is chewable - bariatric is chewable and taste "good", or doesn't bother me.

ok raven et al - getting ready to eat my late dinner - cuz i'm staying up w/mom to watch the OSCARS - by the way, she lives in comfortable CA - while i'm in snowy NY - LOLOL ok ok, she'll get the winners first LOLOL its the thought that counts

Kathy